Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Dreams, Vol VII

Post number 150. I've been doing this blog for almost 4 years now, and this is my 150th post. Not setting any land speed records here am I?

So lately I have been having some weird nightmares. I just found out the other day that there is a Wolverine movie coming out. I guess I was the only one who didn't know. I am excited to see the movie, but I think my subconscious is taking it a bit far. The dreams I have been having lately are very much like the nightmares Wolverine had in X-Men about being made into what he was. It's been very intense and pretty scary. I don't have many nightmares, and have never handled them well when they do invade my nights as it is....but these are much stronger than normal nightmares and involve all sorts of horrible things with all sorts of people I know.

I don't know much about night terrors, and if there are even dreams associated with them or not, but I can't imagine they could be much worse than the way I feel when I wake up suddenly from one of these dreams. I've come out of my slumber swinging at someone from a dream, running from someone, jumping from a rooftop, and yelling at the top of my lungs....and that may all have been in the same night.

No matter how I wake up, I always have the same physical symptoms; I am sweating and my heart is racing. Pounding so hard that it's as if I just ran a 100 yard dash. Usually I can calm myself down pretty quickly and go back to sleep, but it is a little more distressing each time it happens in a night. Some nights I've avoided going to sleep because I know it's going to happen, but it's not like I can function without sleep. I think everyone knows that I would if I could, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it until my mind settles down.

3 comments:

Just Another Fallen Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Another Fallen Angel said...

I can't wait for the Wolverine movie either...it's got my favorite X-Men in it, Gambit. Have u seen the trailer? It's wicked!

Be thankful that you only have nightmares every once in a while. It could be almost every night like me...or at least used to be. I haven't had any in a while. I wonder why that is? Something seems be watching over me as I sleep lately. ;)

Max said...

It's very possible that I have been your dream catcher lately. Glad I can help out, but I've got to figure out a way to get rid of these dreams for both of us permanently....