Sunday, August 15, 2010

Preseason Week One


I'm not yet in serious NFL watching mode, although I never got there at all last season, but I did pay attention to a few preseason games this past weekend. First and foremost, I made sure to catch the Ravens opening game. As usual, their defense looks solid and they should be competitive all season so long as the offense is decent. If Flacco and company can perform as well as last year, they will be one of the top teams in the AFC again.

Of course I needed to watch the first Redskins game. Even though I wasn't going out to watch the game, it gave me a great reason to wear my new McNabb jersey since it'd be the first time I'd get to see him in action wearing his new jersey. Circumstance didn't allow me to actually see Donovan play that night, but I did catch plenty of the 42 points the Skins put up in the game. Quite a welcome change from everything we saw last year. If this team can score half that each week in 2010, they can easily be a top team in the NFC, even with the tough division.

The Lions have generated a lot of buzz this offseason, like they always do around here, and even with the loss of their first preseason game, everyone is going crazy about how good the defensive line looked and the pressure and blah blah blah....Let's not forget this is the Steelers we played. The same Steelers we got three sacks against during the regular season last year, and otherwise pressured a hell of a lot in that same game. Their line isn't exactly the best in the league, and definitely not a great gauge of how good our line is going to be this season. Let's see how they do over the next few weeks before we get too excited.

Overall, I am pretty excited for the season to start....and definitely have the Oct 31st game circled on my calendar. Even though I didn't get the exact seats I wanted for that game, I still got pretty good seats at a decent price. And I don't mind paying a little more than face value to skip the BS that goes along with being a Lions season ticket holder.

No comments: