Friday, July 29, 2005

It's already Friday?

Must have been a busy week....I take a minute to look a few things over and all of a sudden it's Friday. I'm not complaining or anything, but I have noticed lately that time seems to be ticking a little faster than it did just a few years ago. Before I know it I'll be turning 30....and isn't that when life really ends unless you're famous?

Recap of my week:

Only got to the gym twice this week, falling short of my goal by one day. Only ate three healthy meals, falling short by two for the week....I still have a couple days to accomplish this, though it will be tough to do since I am heading up north after work.


Test drove a few vehicles this week and spent way too much time crunching numbers with car salesmen who all quoted me approximately the same price after being pretty confident they could get me a better deal. After all was said and done Jen and I both went the SUV route and will be picking them up this afternoon. Jen decided on the Envoy and I really liked the Grand Cherokee when I drove it. How could I say no?

The weekend couldn't have come at a better time for my poker sanity. The last couple days have been brutal online. Getting hit for huge losses on hands you generally should win on can really mess with your head....like when you make queens full of jacks and get beat by quads for all your chips.

Top 5 Things About Being 'Up North':
1. No phone in the cottage.
2. The boat.
3. Doing things at my own pace, or no pace at all.
4. Reading. Seems like the only time I read anymore.
5. Townie Poker.

No comments: