Monday, April 03, 2006

From Suck Out to Back Out

I already chronicled last week's wonderful hand where I got Wil to push against me when I had the best hand (2-1 favorite), only to have me suck out on the river to put him out and have this week's tournament named for me.

Unfortunately, a few things have come up and I will have to back out of this week's WWdN tourney as well as tonight's WPBT WSOP Satellite. I really want to play both, and will try and make it into one or both with a last minute entry, but as of now it looks like I'll have to miss both events.

With that out of the way, I had a pretty decent Saturday afternoon/evening on Stars when I got out of work. Lately I've been two tabling low limit cash games, or one cash game while I am in the early stages of a tourney. It's been going pretty well so far, but I've never played at Stars on the weekend. The tables were well balanced with a few rocks, a couple good players, a couple decent players, and the occasional donator. I spent a good amount of time on five different tables over the course of my session and came out ahead on all but one. I ended the session up more than 30 BB, but my profit would have been a bit better had I not played so poorly in the three tournaments I entered in that time.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day away from work, computer, poker, life....everything. I just watched the Pistons play the Suns and dug out GTA for the first time in over a year. I had never unlocked Vegas in the game because my character wasn't a good enough swimmer to do one of the missions in San Fran. After watching Mark play the new Godfather game the other day, I decided to bust out San Andreas and immerse myself in it's fictional west coast world. It proved to be a timely distraction for me.

No comments: