Saturday, January 27, 2007

Token Post

Saturdays have been spent on Full Tilt lately. I had planned to shovel my snow and get some other things done that I have been neglecting, but the weather got a little warmer last night and I didn't have any snow to worry about when I rolled my ass out of bed this morning....er, afternoon....so I eventually made my way to the computer. Held off on the poker until I decided to get a few hands in while Cousin Mark was showering before we went to lunch. Oh look, a juicy 2-4 limit speed table has an opening. That's just what I need for a quick hit and run.

Not so much. It was very juicy, and donkerific and it also ate up half a buy-in by the time Cousin Mark got out of the shower. So much for earning my lunch money.

Lunch was great, but I was still stinging from my limit loss so I was eager to get back onto FT and find another weak table. So far so good. Found a 1-2 limit table that suited me well and I am working on tripling up my buy-in. I love LHE because of the return I see but it's very boring, so I decided to try one of those token tourneys I've heard so much about. 8 bucks, 18 players, top 5 get tokens and 6th gets $10. Sounds simple enough. Even though I'm not a fan of the turbos on FT, I decide that that's the best format of the bunch for me today and jump in.

I know that one tournament doesn't really qualify as a random sample, but if all these token sats are like this I really need to toss my hat in the ring more often. The amount of scared money in this $8 sat was amazing. Very easy to chip up early after sitting out an orbit to get my "tight" image, and once I became the chip leader at my table I only had opponents play back at me two or three times. Long story short I pounded the money and token bubbles and was the big stack when we got down to 5. As a result, I am now registered for the first WPBT event this year for just under 1/3 of the buy-in.



Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to do some damage tomorrow night, and I really hope that I can play in more events this year than I did last year. I think I made it into three last year before life got in the way of my poker again. One of my poker goals for the year is to be more involved with the blogger games again, so this should be one step toward that. And hopefully Don will keep the Big Game going on a monthly basis. I am always up for the bigger buy-ins.

We had a good time at the Pistons game last night, but the game ended badly as the Wizards pulled out a two point victory. The last five minutes of the game were pretty exciting as the Pistons looked out of it until then. When Sheed hit a fade away to tie it up after trailing for more than half of the game, the crowd went nuts.

Wings/Avs tomorrow as a replacement for football. The rivalry doesn't have the punch that it used to, neither does hockey for that matter, but it's still always a good game to watch. I just hope that it's on CBC and not just carried by NBC.

1 comment:

Pseudo_Doctor said...

good playing with you too man sorry I donked out on u, but its all in good fun...gl at the tables