Saturday, November 10, 2007

Evil

While cleaning the house the weekend before last I came across some things I forgot I still had. Things that I meant to throw away. Things that reminded me of a time a few years back when I wasn't as nice of a person as I am today. Reminders of some purely evil things I had done. Things I'll never discuss.

It's scary to know that I justified everything that I did. It was rather easy to do actually because nothing I did was illegal, and that used to be something that I relied on as a moral compass. The law. Kind of laughable really.

When I found these things, I was very surprised that I hadn't gotten rid of them. Why would I want to keep them? I set them aside to make sure I got rid of them. Then....I packed them away again. I decided that it might be a good idea to keep them around. I don't see how it could be bad to remind myself of things I used to do that I never want to be able to justify again.

No comments: