Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simple Kind of Life


I don't have, by any stretch of the imagination, a very complicated or stressful life. My duties at work rarely follow me home, my home life is easy because my roommate and I are a perfect match in terms of living together, I don't have financial problems, relationship problems, or children to take care of. By normal definitions, my life is very simple.

Why is it then that I have this desire to simplify my life even more? I'm really not a nostalgic person, but why do I find myself reminiscing about days gone by and how much easier it all seemed then? Why do random memories, ranging from early childhood to just a couple of years ago, pop into my head here and there? Why do I have the need to reach out to those who used to be close to me, but have gone from my day-to-day life?

I know there are a lot of possible changes coming for me very soon, and I am very excited at what the future may hold in many different facets of my life....but these feelings of late have me perplexed.

Am I looking to have things simpler now because I know in a few months that things may be very hectic for quite a while? Am I just becoming more fond of my past than my present? Why do all of my questions lead to more questions instead of answers?

On one hand, I really wish I knew these answers....on the other hand, I think maybe I should just ignore this and be happy with how simple things really are.

No comments: