Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday I'm in Love

I'm so glad this work week is finally coming to an end. My work hasn't been terribly hard this week or anything, but it's just been a LONG week. I'm pretty exhausted. Lately all I do is work, go directly to the gym from work, then take a nap, get up for another couple hours after my nap, then go back to sleep.

This week I don't know that I ever recovered from the fatigue of giving blood after spending a couple hours in the gym. When I sat down to start my donation process, my legs and arms were shaking and the nurse wondered aloud if I was lying about being "in good health" like I claimed to be. That was Tuesday, and even though I got in bed pretty much right after the gym every day since, I still didn't get much sleep those nights. I'm a tired boy now. While tomorrow won't exactly be a "sleep in" day since I have to pick up my family from the airport, sleeping past 4:00 is considered "sleeping in" for me nowadays. Wow....that sucks.

Anyway, just a few hours left before I can get a nap in before heading out for a night with a whole bunch of my friends. Hanging out tonight should help my overall blah mood from this week. Especially if the weather stays dry and I can get some two-wheel therapy tonight and tomorrow.

Morning Music 7-31-09

1. Half-Truism- The Offspring. "Your self-liberation Will leave this behind Beyond slings and arrows That rain on our minds You’ll make it better Shake it off It never mattered anyway"

2. I Need You- Leann Rimes. "You're the hope that moves me To courage again You're the love that rescues me When the cold winds, rage And it's so amazing 'Cause that's just how you are And I can't turn back now 'Cause you've brought me too far"

3. In Praise of the Vulnerable Man- Alanis Morrissette. "This is a thank you for letting me in....And I vow and I vow to be true And I vow and I vow to not take advantage"

4. Unglued- Stone Temple Pilots. "This confusion is my illusion Nowhere to look, but know where to find ya All these things I'm sick about, I'm sick about They always come unglued"

5. Devil Without a Cause- Kid Rock. "People claimin' that they know me, but they only know a portion"

6. Friday I'm in Love- The Cure. "Throwing out your frown And just smiling at the sound And as sleek as a sheik Spinning round and round Always take a big bite It's such a gorgeous sight"

7. Any Other Day- Wyclef and Norah Jones. "What, will, I, have, left (tell me tell me) (Somebody tell me now) When, this, hard, rain's, gone awayyy Today is, not like, any other DAYYYYYYY So I'm gone, I have to find, my own wayyyyyyyyyy (People, we gotta find another way!) Can, you, tell, me, how When, the, hard, rain's, gone (ah-ah-away)"

8. Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash. "Bound By Wild Desire I Fell Into A Ring Of Fire....The Taste Of Love Is Sweet When Hearts Like Ours Meet I Fell For You Like A Child Oh,But The Fire Went Wild"

9. Orphans- Jack's Mannequin. "I am looking for a sign My spirit's faded"

10. Machine- Regina Spektor. "And you live in the future And the future It's here, it's bright, it's now"

No comments: