Thursday, December 09, 2010

I Can't Drive, 255

A few days ago I stepped on the scale, and was pretty horrified at what I saw. The first reading on my scale is usually a couple pounds high, but seeing a big 257.5 staring back at me really shocked me. I had thought I was hovering around 250, but to be hovering around 260 instead was a big surprise. After a couple more times on the scale, my weight ended up being a flat 255....which is still terrible, but seemed a little better to me than the original 257.5.


There are plenty of things I can attribute this weight gain to, including the lack of sleep and energy on this crazy work shift....but the bottom line is that it all boils down to me. I know what I need to do to keep from ballooning up to this weight, I just haven't done it. For a couple years I was somewhere in the 225-235 range, and kept it there without much effort on my part. That range was still at least 20-30 lbs more than I should weigh, but I could have my cake and eat it to at that range. Here I am another 20-30 lbs above that, so I must be eating a whole lot more than cake.


While the food is definitely a problem, the biggest change I can attribute this quick gain to is actually what I drink. I am pretty much addicted to the cherry Pepsi I get at the 7-11 by my house, and took my refillable cup there just about every day to get my 44 ounces of extra sweet cola. I haven't completely broken that habit yet, but in the last few days I have had a lot less cola. One thing that may help expedite this is that 7-11 changed the cherry syrup/Pepsi ratio, and it doesn't taste nearly as good to me anymore.


I don't like sounding like a broken record, but it's time to try the weight loss thing again. Maybe if I make a point of posting my weight every couple days or so, that will help. Everything is a little more real when it's written down. I have quite a few other things at my disposal to help me too, now it's just all on me to utilize those tools.

No comments: