Friday, January 02, 2015

Happy 2015!


It's not often I find myself here anymore, as illustrated by my lack of posting in the last 7 (nearly 8) months, but today I've found myself back inside my blog.  I don't have a point to make, nor a topic of discussion I want to get out there.  I just wanted to "make a thing", and here I am making that thing.  I used the quotes there because it's something I heard Wil Wheaton say that during his reboot of his podcast, Radio Free Burrito.  That, along with the current book I am reading (The Obstacle is the Way) and the fact that I have had a very distracted day today, led me to this post.  Now, since I used 3 separate links in the last two sentences, you know I'm serious about getting the info out there....even in my distracted haze.  That haze is pretty evident looking at how I switched from using a number (3) to typing it out (two) in the span of 7 words in my last sentence.  That's something I'm normally very mindful of, especially when the words/numbers are so close together.

Hey, whatever.  The point here is that I am making this post at all.  A single post on the second day of the year puts me at 50% for 2015 so far....and after 31 posts in the last 3 calendar years, that percentage is pretty outstanding.  Of course that percentage will fall between now and the end of 2015, for all I know this could be my only post of the year, but I got a kick out of it for at least a couple minutes. 

Now, while I was definitely putting in some more effort than I would in a normal post to include the above links, I did cheat a little with the picture this time around.  I normally would write out the post, then think of a title that fits what I just wrote, sometimes vice versa....but not often, and then do a google image search for what I'm using as the title, and pick the picture I like the best.  It might have absolutely nothing to do with the post, but for one reason or another I really like the image I use at that time.  Today, I just used the pic that I currently have set as my facebook banner.  Yep, I'm getting crazy with the Cheese Whiz. 

I know that Nick Saban would be disappointed in the fact that I didn't follow The Process, but after his loss last night to that team from Ohio, he's got plenty more to worry about with his Process than with mine.  I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get to see any of the game last night, but the outcome alone, knowing that they won with a 3rd string QB to punch their ticket for the National Championship Game, just goes to show how effing good Urban Meyer is at building a team.  It's something that brings to my mind a scenario involving Nick Saban and a bunch of 'what ifs' that I've thought about a few times in the last few months or so, but haven't talked to anyone about just yet.  I think this might be a good idea for my next post, since I'm running out of time for this one and could always use some incentive to create a little more than I currently do....although that's not too hard at this point in time.  No matter.  This is where I leave it now.

Happy New Year, Douchebags.

No comments: