Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pic-a-Day Update

I really need to update this more frequently, as I have almost an entire week's worth of pictures to post now. Now that I have gotten in the habit of taking my camera with me just about everywhere, the pics will be the easy part of this silly project and the hard part will be juggling when to post picture updates, movie review updates, and regular blog posts.

On to the pictures!

Jan 4th:
With a sink full of dishes, what are two single guys to do when dinner time comes? Pizza is always good at times like this because it comes with it's own container that you can eat right out of....

Jan 5th:
This picture was originally supposed to be the ravioli I was cooking right before Mark, Sarah, and I headed out to the east side for Justin's party....BUT something happened just I was about to serve myself dinner, and now we have this. Story is; I had just finished pouring my sauce onto my pasta when the bread I was microwaving in this container was done heating up. I turned off the burner, placed the sauce pot into the sink, and the styrofoam container with the bread in it on the burner which I guess was still hot. I left the kitchen to wash my hands because it's now time to eat, and when I come back about 2 minutes later....there's a fire on top of my stove. Again. Fret not, the fire cause no more damage than what you see here. And most importantly, the bread was not harmed in the fire.

Jan 6th:
Less than a week ago there was about a foot or so of snow on the ground around here. Sunday began the unseasonable warm-up, and this fog was the result of the quick snow melt. This pic was taken at Rotary Park in Livonia just after I left Marc's house following our day at the Motorcycle Expo in Novi and lunch at Mongo.

Jan 7th:
For the 7th I had many options for pics, and was pretty sure I would post the pic of my bike seeing as it's not very often that you get to ride a motorcycle in Detroit in the first week of the year. Thinking about it though, I am sure to have a bunch of motorcycle related pics throughout Spring and Summer, so this picture made a little more sense. This is a wall at Logan's Road house where I went to dinner with my mom, aunt, cousin, and cousin's husband.

Jan 8th:
I didn't get much accomplished on the 8th, so this pic is a little bit of a cheat. I didn't take this picture. I took a picture OF this picture, but it didn't turn out well....so I decided to use the original. This pic was on a blog I found when I signed in to leave Sarah a comment on her blog. On the blogger dashboard I noticed that one of the recently updated blogs was titled "Max's Blog". I had to check it out. This was the last picture of the last post from his blog, and I found the irony of it all quite amusing.

Jan 9th:
In an effort to save money and lose weight, I am eating more often at home. This lovely bowl of cottage cheese was my whole dinner tonight.

1 comment:

jamyhawk said...

Great idea. I really enjoy seeing a blog that actually has pictures (not just hand histories and screen shots).

I hope you can keep it up.