Friday, January 04, 2008

New and Improved for 2008!

That's just about how I come into every new year. I don't have too many resolutions per se, but each year I want to do a lot of things in my day-to-day life a lot better. Of course this year is no exception, but this time around I have outlined a couple different projects to tackle on a regular basis.

The first project I came up with was a picture-a-day. I need to take one picture each day illustrating something I did that day, somewhere I was, topic of conversation, etc. This was meant to get me to take my camera out with me more often so I can get some really good pictures when the situation arises. I thought of it a couple weeks ago when most of Detroit was blanketed in fog, and from my window at work high above the fog I was forced to take some pictures with my camera phone instead of getting some really sweet ass pictures if I would have brought my camera with me that day.

Later in the week I came up with another idea, out of sheer boredom at work. I was looking up some info on The Matrix at imdb when I noticed it was in the IMDB Top 250. I looked over the top 25 and top 50 movies and realized that, for someone who claims to love movies, I really haven't seen enough of the best movies of all time. So my second project will be to watch one movie per week, starting with movie #52 and working my way to #1, and give a short review of it here.

Pic-a-Day:

Since we are only 4 days into 2008, I don't have much to put here....but it's a start.

Jan 1st:

Photobucket


This is the monkey I velcroed to Marc's belt as he tried to sleep well after midnight on NYE. Last New Year's, a few of us took much joy in constantly deflating the big man's air mattress as he slept in the living room at The Ranch. This time around he had a room to sleep in, but no closed door could keep me from deflating his hopes of a good night's sleep. The monkey was an innocent bystander until I saw him hanging from the closet door.

Jan 2nd:

Photobucket

The first of my movies, "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". A review shall appear here sooner rather than later.

Jan 3rd:

Here we have just about every plate and utensil I own, along with a few pots and pans, and even a few more glasses. With my roommate and I both making a dish to take to The Ranch on NYE, the sink got full rather quickly. Unfortunately for my roommate, the dishes are his household chore. Unfortunately for me, there are no clean utensils in the house now as he still hasn't gotten around to this chore. This became my picture of the day because I tried to eat something with a fork last night and stumbled upon this as I looked for a clean one.

That's all for now since my Jan 4th pic is still pending, but check back soon as I am sure I will get one or two amusing pictures in here before long.

3 comments:

My world said...

Well, I'll tell you what. If you keep up on this little task of yours, you have at least one avid reader in me! ;-)

Sorry we missed you on New Years...

ModernEustacia said...

I'm guessing that if I say that you'll get sick of doing this by March, you'll continue to do it just to say that you did. Interesting pics, BTW.

Max said...

I hope I am still doing it by March. I really don't think taking a picture every day and posting those pics every so often will be the hard part....I'm worried about finding 366 picture subjects that are interesting enough.