Monday, June 08, 2009

Back to the Grind


Another Monday after struggling to sleep through Sunday night. Just about every Monday I think about one of the parts in Bill Cosby: Himself. The part where he talks about everyone's enthusiasm as they get out of work on Friday, only to show up for work Monday morning looking like they spent their days off trying to kill themselves always seems to pop into my head when I walk in on Monday morning. I know I look terrible, but honestly....my weekends are VERY pedestrian compared to a lot of people.

I realize that I used to post my weight here every Monday as I started my gradual weight loss program. Somewhere in there the battery for my scale died, and I had to rely on the lying scale at the gym for a while, and that was not going to work here since it was always about 5-6 lbs too heavy.

Current weight: 239.5 lbs

I had actually done pretty well in the month or so leading up to Memorial Day. I had lost 12 lbs before I went up north that weekend, and even though I did my scheduled running over the weekend....I gained 8 lbs of it back. I have pretty much taken the last two weeks since Memorial day off, setting me back even further. I just have not had the motivation to work out, and need to get back in the gym tonight. The diet part is easy now as the only meal I could possibly mess up this week will be dinner, and on the nights I go to the gym, I will never splurge. I just can't see spending all that time in the gym, then piling on even more calories than I just burned.

Even with my relapse and my long weekend of terrible eating, I am still down 5 lbs from my starting weight, meaning that I have actually lost 1 lb since Memorial Day without even trying....hmm, maybe I'm getting my metabolism back into shape. I'm glad I have that to build on still.

So sports in Detroit just about sucked during the week last week. No wins in Pittsburgh for the Wings, and the Tigers got swept by Boston. The Lions are practicing their heart-breaking ways at their OTAs, and the Pistons were bounced from the playoffs in the first round for the first time since 1847. YES, IT'S PRIME

The weekend brought better fortune for the Tigers, and Pavel Datsyuk back to the Wings. Wow, what a game Saturday. I thought we'd take it to them, but I wasn't expecting 5-0. Mmmm, Penguin tastes good late on a weekend night. Can't wait til I get some more. MMM, RAWR!

Morning Music 6-08-09

My random playlist for the day started before I even backed out of my driveway today. I had left the radio station on NPR, which wasn't NPR in K'Zoo where I had last used my tuner, so I flipped though my presets and the first song I heard was on 93.9.

1. Fix You- Coldplay. Not even in gear yet, and irony hits me square in the jaw. This whole weekend revolved around music, this song fits perfectly into one of the subsets from last night.

2. Suicide Blonde- Jack's Mannequin. This was the first song that caught my attention on The Glass Passenger, but I've actually grown kind of tired of it.

3. Mountain- Good Charlotte. This song, as a matter of fact this whole CD, was rather good....BUT, following The Young and the Hopeless was tough. That was one of the best CDs in the last ten years, and quite possibly my favorite in the same time period.

4. Requiem for a Dying Song- Flogging Molly. Definitely not my favorite song off of Float, but what FM songs do I not really enjoy?

5. Don't Let Me Die Still Wondering- Flogging Molly. Back to back Flogging Molly, but one upbeat song and one ballad. Just the name of this song can make you think. Listening to it reinforces much of the way I feel about honesty. It's not ALWAYS the best policy, sometimes you need to bend the truth a little to keep an even keel, but with those closest to you....there's no reason to hide. Don't leave them wondering.

6. P.I.MP.- 50 Cent. I don't know what you heard about me....

7. Give- Tori Amos. I had heard this song off her new CD only once before this, and honestly wasn't paying attention to it then....it got my full attention today. Interesting lyrics, like you come to expect from Tori, and it sounds more like a mash-up of Garbage and Evanescence than a Tori Amos song. I'll listen to it again soon I am sure.

8. Eminence Front- The Who. "It wasn't often you heard a Who track with Townshend on the vocals, but when he stepped up, you knew he was gonna blow you away. The greatest band to come out of west London no questions asked, no quarter given. Turn it up, people" -Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith.
LOL
9. Looking Through Patient Eyes- PM Dawn. Wow, I hadn't listened to this song in a long time....until last night, when I listened to it twice. I guess Mr iPod likes it.

10. In Between- Linkin Park. Definitely not my favorite song off of Minutes to Midnight, but I do like it. Lots of good stuff on that album.

No comments: