Monday, June 29, 2009

SONUVA....



What wonderful weekend weather we witnessed.

After sweating it out the second half of last week, we were graced with a nearly perfect weekend in terms of weather. Nice weather + a couple days off = time on the bike. I didn't put as many miles on the X this weekend as I had the previous couple of weekends, nor did I hit any small town festivals like last weekend, but I did tally about 250 miles over Saturday and Sunday.

So there's the good. Here's the bad; I pulled a muscle in my neck on our ride back from Zukey Lake Tavern last night. Hit a bump I wasn't expecting to be too bad on North Territorial, and my head went a little too far to the right. It hurt at first, but not too bad. It was sore later, but not too bad. When I went to sleep, it wasn't too bad. When I woke up, it was too bad. I can't turn my head to the right or even keep it level without it hurting. I've been tilting to the left for a little while now, and I am just about sick of it.

OK, enough complaining.

The ride we took was really cool. Cory mapped out a course that included a couple road I had never been on, whether with my bike or a car, and they turned out to be great for riding. I always like to try new roads on the bike, and it's so much better when they turn out the way it did yesterday. I'll definitely find my way out there again soon. Anyone feel like jumping on and taking a nice scenic ride with me?

Looks like I won't be able to ride most of this week, if the forecasts are accurate. It's supposed to rain until Thursday night....and I should be up north for the 4th by that time. The weather forecast for the weekend look great for riding, but I will take an extended weekend with my dogs and my dad over a ride whenever I can.

So I guess I should say something about Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, and Billy Mays all dying since my last post.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i wanted to ride with you but looks unlikely before i go back