Monday, June 01, 2009

June?


Hard to believe that it's already June. It seems like only yesterday I was on the Las Vegas strip with Millennium Man ringing in the New Year for 2000, now in just seven months we will be ushering in 2010.

Anyway, not much time today....so no in-depth philosophical mumbo-jumbo, just the facts.

There are a few things I am looking forward to this month, one of them being the end of my spring semester. It's really starting to wear on me, and I can't wait to get it over with. There are a couple events with friends that I can't wait for. This Saturday a few of us are going to Kalamazoo for the night to hang out at in the pub at Bell's Brewery. I think it's going to be a great time, but part of what I was looking forward to was the trip out there. Now that the weather forecast calls for some rain on both Saturday and Sunday, it looks like taking a bike out there isn't really an option.

Next week, the friend I went to NIN/JA with is having a little birthday BBQ. Hoping the weather will be nice that day, so I can ride out there too. Speaking of the NIN/JA show we went to on Sunday, it was a good time and the perfect way to rock out the end of May. In a future post, I will post a pic or two that she took.

The following week, I have another BBQ party for a friend's birthday....but I know this one will have better food, just because it's Justin's bday and he'll make sure all his fat friends are satisfied. Another reason to look forward to this party is the fact that I can turn it into an overnight affair if I want. I have a garage to keep my bike in for the night, and always plenty of floor space at the Kabbage/Juice household.

The last weekend in June is still open, and I thought about maybe going up north....but I will probably just wait until the 4th of July to do that. It will be my first weekend out school this year, and I am sure I will need to do something to exercise my freedom....then again, if each weekend until then is already busy, is school really limiting my freedom in the first place?

Time has run out on me again, and I must end this post a little abruptly.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

last weekend in June we need to make plans with Des and Jay and Lisa and Mike! I'll be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!