Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sidney, OH

After spending the weekend with my parents, I came home and jumped in the shower, then crashed for a little while (man did I miss my own bed). When I woke up, I had quite the hankering for some Jimmy Johns. They don't charge much for delivery, but I felt like getting out of the house...I just couldn't sit there all day, I had to do SOMETHING.

Once I got a couple sandwiches, I jumped back in the car and headed away from the house. I just started driving. No place in mind...just go. At one point I noticed that if I drove south, I could keep an eye on the sun but not have it directly in my face at all.

So south I drove...watching the sun gradually sink lower and lower, until it finally hit the horizon and the bright colors in the clouds filled my car and my eyes with a beautiful orange/purple glow.

When the sun completely set, I found myself in a town called Sidney, OH...about 95 miles north of Cincinnati. I figured that was a good time to turn around and come home. Thankfully, I-75 in Ohio is so straight and flat and is allowing me to blog all this on my phone as I drive back.

No comments: