Saturday, January 08, 2011

Almost 100 Questions


1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.

The line doesn't make sense alone, so here is the entire sentence that contained line 4: "The godswood there was a garden, bright and airy, where tall redwoods spread dappled shadows across tinkling streams, birds sang from hidden nests, and the air was spicy with the scent of flowers."

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?

Two remote controls and a set of keys.

3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?

Texting with my mom, girlfriend, and room mate.

4. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Currently watching the New Orleans/Seattle wild card game. Seattle just tied it up at 17. I too New Orleans -10.5. Go figure.

5. Without looking, guess what time it is

5:44

6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?

5:43

7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

The annoying announcers on NBC....but they are doing the worst game of the playoffs (or what was supposed to be the worst anyway) so you can't blame them. NBC only has one football crew normally....I'm kinda surprised they didn't hire the homeless guy with the Golden Voice for this.

8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

Other than driving to or from work, it was about 5 hours ago to shovel the snow.

9. Did you dream last night?

Yes

10. Do you remember your dreams?

Not usually, but I do remember one from last night/this morning because I has something of a epileptic seizure because of it. At least I didn't swing a fist, leg, or my head this time.

11. When did you last laugh?

5:22 PM

12. Do you remember why / at what?

Yes....thank you autocorrect

13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

WAY too much to list. Lots of pretty lights.

14. Seen anything weird lately?

Yes, the Seahawks just went up 24-17 on the Saints....WTF?

15. What do you think of this quiz?

So far so good....just having a formatting problem.

16. What is the last film you saw?

What About Bob? It was a lot better than I thought it would be, even this many years after it came out.

17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Well, there aren't many places in the world I couldn't live....and I still haven't left the Detroit area yet. Not sure what that says about me. That being said, I feel drawn toward the ocean and historical places. Anywhere near either or both of those things would be great....but it would have to be the right situation in more ways than one.

18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

Lots of "little" things. Those closest to me would get some pretty nice gifts.

19. Tell me something about you that most people don't know.

Sorry, there is a reason most people don't know these things. If you don't know, you aren't going to know.

20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

Population control. Out of anything, I really believe overpopulation will be the undoing of man.

21. Do you like to dance?

I'm not what you would call a dancer, but I have my moments and am open to anything....except the hustle.

22. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Definitely.

23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?

I don't know....you tell me.

24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?

The Red Cross. I am ignoring them lately though, so the last one I answered was from Denise.

25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?

Computer? Who needs one of those anymore. Did I mention I have a smartphone I really like. It was an AWESOME birthday gift.

26. Last time you swam in a pool?

Over the summer. It was small and the water didn't seem all that clean.

27. Type of music you like most?

Rock

28. Type of music you dislike most?

Country

29. Are you listening to music right now?

No. I don't get enough of that anymore.

30. What color is your bedroom carpet?

I have this amazing brown, woodgrain carpet in my room....wait, that's not carpet.

31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?

Rearrange the layout of the house and/or the size of the rooms.

32. What was the last thing you bought?

A sketch/drawing book for S. I can't tell you how happy I am that she dove right into it last night.

33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?

Once or twice.

34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?

I hope to eventually. Just need to convince someone to go with me.

35. Do you have a garden?

No, but Marq and I are talking about making one in the spring.

36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?

Yes.

37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?

That really depends on the day....but most often I wonder what time it is.

38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?

I think Christopher Walken would be a great choice.

39. Who sent the last text message you received?

LM

40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

Best Buy is the first one that comes to mind....

41. What time is bed time?

Another one that depends on the day, but I am hardly ever tired before midnight.

42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?

Plenty of fashion shows, but never a beauty pageant.

43. How many tattoos do you have?

None. I plenty planned....just need to figure out which arm gets the first one.

44. If you don't have any, have you ever thought of getting one?

I have plenty planned....just need to figure out which arm gets the first one.

45. What did you do for your last birthday?

The night before I had a great dinner with a group of my friends, then had an amazing one on one dinner on my birthday, followed by a night out with three of my closest M's. It's the best birthday I have had in a long time, maybe ever.

46. Do you carry a donor card?

My license counts as one.

47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?

LM, S, and K....even though one of them waited til after the rest of us were eating to dig in.

48. Is the glass half empty or half full?

I am nothing if not an optimist....but I can see both sides. :-)

49. What's the farthest-away place you've been?

Mount Charleston just outside of Vegas.

50. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?

Probably a couple decades ago.

51. Have you ever won a trophy?

I have several....and these are EARNED trophies, not the ones they pass out to every kid in a sport nowadays. I'm still bitter I didn't win either FFL trophy this year, considering I had the best team in both leagues.

52. Are you a good cook?

I bake better, but I can cook very well....I'm just too lazy to do it all the time.

53. Do you know how to pump your own gas?

Yes, I don't live in New Jersey.

54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?

Plato

55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?

No, but I have learned to like school uniforms.

56. Do you touch-type?

For the most part I do, especially when I am at work.

57. What's under your bed?

A little bit of dog hair and a sword.

58. Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes, but I also believe you can love someone before you ever even see them.

59. Think fast, what do you like right now?

The fact that I am not currently coughing. It's been an annoying few days with that.

60. Where were you on Valentine's day?

Well, it's a little more than a month away....but I have a few ideas for it. Just gotta narrow it
down before I can tell you.

61. What time do you get up?

All different times nowadays.

62. What was the name of your first pet?

Duchess was the first dog that was MY dog.

63. Who is the second to last person to call you?

Denise....but I explained that earlier

64. Is there anything going on this weekend?

NFL Playoffs begin this weekend

65. How are you feeling right now?

Iffy. Trying to hold off this cough.

66. What do you think about the most?

Nothing seems to really stick in my head lately, aside from a song getting the best of me from time to time, but I'd probably say the future is what I think about the most....and I like thinking about it.

67. What time do you get up in the morning?

Sigh, see number 61.

68. If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?

I'd try and keep it quiet for a long time....unfortunately, the two biggest ones don't let you claim it anonymously.

69. Who would you tell first?

LM. We'd carry out my devious plans in secrecy from there on out. MWAH HA HA.

70. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?

Tron Legacy. I enjoyed it.

71. Do you sing in the shower?

Not usually. I listen to the news or a game when I am showering.

72. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

Answered this already too.

73. What do you do most when you are bored?

Sleep.

74. What do you do for a living?

I am still a corporate thug....just in a different capacity these days.

75. Do you love your job?

That would be stretching the truth.

76. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A marine biologist.

77. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?

I can't tell you that.

78. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The egg. Plenty of reptiles were walking the earth well before chickens appeared.

79. How many keys on your key ring?

Not too many....I have more rings than keys.

80. Where would you retire to?

Somewhere I don't have to worry about these stupid sinus infections anymore.

81. What kind of car do you drive?

Jeep

82. What are your best physical features?

My smile.

83. What are your best characteristics?

My patience is the first thing that comes to mind, but it can work against me too.

84. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?

Rome

85. What kind of books do you like to read?

Anything interesting will keep me reading.

86. Where would you want to retire to?

This was JUST asked....

87. What is your favorite time of the day?

Whatever time I leave work. Lol.

88. Where did you grow up?

The D.

89. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?

About 10 miles.

90. What are you reading now?

These questions....more than the author it seems, since they keep effing repeating.

91. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Night owl

92. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?

No, my talent lies not within my length.

93. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?

I do both very often. Not sure I'd ever tried to do both simultaneously before, but now that I
have....I can confidently answer yes.

94. Do you have pets?

Yes

95. How many rings before you answer the phone?

Whenever I get to it

96. What is your best childhood memory?

Would it be bad if I said skipping school in the first grade?

97. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?

I've only had a few. I ran a small company, then moved on to an employer that was as giving as it could possibly be, then moved on to one that is as greedy as it could possibly be, before settling in where I am now.

98. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?

Not really....some things I like to keep to myself. :-)

99. What is most important in life?

Family and friends. Keeping the ones you love close and making sure they know it.

100. What Inspires You?

Seeing people who haven't been blessed with the same abilities or socioeconomic status accomplish things I would never even dream of. It inspires me, then makes me feel like a jerk for not doing more myself.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

Alright...so what's next? Should I start looking for something else to entertain us on here? LOL! :-*