Monday, January 03, 2011

Resolute



I always fight against using the word 'resolution' for anything I want to accomplish in a new year, but I don't know why I bother....it's all the same regardless of what I call it. Now I haven't given too much thought to these, but here are a few of my resolutions for 2011 off the top of my head.

First and foremost, I need to drop some weight and get in better shape. My diet is horrendous, I don't do much in terms of physical activity, and am slowly becoming a ticking timebomb here with my family heart history.

Next I want to return to blogging. 2010 was second in terms of my post count for any year, with 2009 being the top. But both of those years still fell short of the goal I have always shot for here, which is at least three posts per week. I always think that I have to wait until I have something profound to say before I start a post, but this is my effing blog....I can put anything and everything up here that I want. I don't think upping my post count with things I wouldn't normally post will take anything away from what I currently do, and I might actually surprise myself and come up with something TRULY profound when I am just babbling about something mundane. Hopefully we will see.

Another one kind of goes hand in hand with that last one. I want to make sure that I write at least 10-20 minutes every day. With access to plenty of computers on a daily basis, an awesome phone with e-mail/text/notepad capabilities, and my iPod which always has the notepad option and can email (better than my phone currently does) if I have a wi-fi connection. I just need to keep putting virtual pen to paper and see what comes out. I'd hate to think that my creativity could ever suffer, but I worry it might without regular exercise.

Speaking of regular exercise....my first two resolutions are a little more related than I first thought. I have a minimum number of gym visits I want to make this year, which is about 150. Basically three times a week, like my blog post goal. Truthfully, I'd like the number to be a lot higher than that, but it's a very obtainable goal to start with.

Another thing I really want to do is organize my house. I got quite the jump a couple weeks ago when I cleaned up the basement a bit so the AT&T installer could hook up our Uverse. Plenty of stuff down there got moved or thrown into a garbage bag. Unfortunately, more than half of those bags are still in my garage because only a couple can fit into my trash bin every week. It's gonna take another month or so to throw that all out, or to recycle all the damn cardboard I have down there....especially since recycling is only every other week now. No matter what, a lot more will be getting done around here now.

Well, that's all for now. Maybe I can come up with a few more to add here in the near future. Until then, I'll do what I can to make sure I don't fall behind on these.

No comments: