Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Hard to Rely on My Good Intentions....

It's been nearly two weeks since my last post, but my intentions were to post on many of the days since then. For at least the first five days of November I had something to say, and was hoping to get some of those thoughts up here....but completely failed to.

My biggest hurdle of late is finding a time that is appropriate to pull up blogger and start typing away. I don't know that I ever think it's the proper place or time to just start plugging away at a new post. There's always something else to do, or someone to talk to that I don't want to neglect just to get a post up. In the past I've tried making a note on my phone, or on a scrap piece of paper, and coming back to that later. Unfortunately not all of what I am thinking is going to make it onto that note, and I might as well just make a full post if it is, and when I come back to it I hardly ever remember exactly what I was going to say.

So now with the intent and desire to post definitely present, I'm sure posts will make it up here more often than they have in the last couple years....I just need to figure out when and where is a good time to write. I used to force myself to write every single day, whether I posted it or not, for 5-30 minutes. A lot of writers I knew used this to jumpstart their days or to keep their creative minds sharp, and I tried it our myself, with various degrees of success. Some posts I loved came our of these forced sessions, while a lot of the rest were just discarded. Maybe I can figure out a day and time each week I can do this again. Starting off at once per week will be a lot easier with my schedule than trying to do it every day.

No matter what, I believe this does show a little promise for things to come with my mostly stagnate blog.

No comments: