Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sin City and All That it Stands For

Yay capitalism! You've just gotta love a town that is run on greed and love of the almighty dollar. It's like the Republican Party without the uptight religious facade. Although I am sure you'll find more people praying in Vegas than you will in the House or the Senate, but they just may rival Vegas for high stakes poker games and prostitutes....

Anyway....my procrastination is catching up with me again. 46 hours from takeoff and I am woefully behind on everything I need to get done before Vegas. Thankfully I already have a dog watcher in place, because this trip proved to be the toughest to cover yet. I still need to get a new phone. Mine is only good for about 8 minutes of talking anymore, and the connection problems persist. On top of that I need to get my finances in order, a haircut, and find some more clothes....but really, that's about it. Not much to get done, but a whole lot of running around today.

I am hella excited about this trip. Not only is it just me, Mark, and Mike unsupervised, but there is a WPT event starting on Monday, and a WPBT event on Saturday that I am going to camp out at the Imp for....with any luck I'll get one of the few open spots. I'll probably just donate my funds, but it should be a great experience to play in a tourney with all the bloggers I read about....

Next post should be after Vegas! Hopefully it'll be after I take down the Bellagio Five Diamond Classic....

No comments: