Saturday, March 03, 2007

We Were on a Break

The last few days I have played a total of 37 hands. One heads up SNG. I actually won after getting my money in ahead. That was quite a change from Tuesday. Varience toyed with me all afternoon. I take pride in being someone who doesn't go on tilt while playing poker, but Tuesday was an exception to the rule.

Normally if I think I am going to tilt I can get up from the table or computer and just stop playing, but the other day the play was so bad and the suckouts so crazy that I knew I could still win even if I was tilting a little. Or so I thought.

I just got angrier and angrier as I got my money in good and lost time after time, but I continued to play because the games were juicy. I knew I was in trouble when I went off on someone for a play. I never do that. It's usually only 'nh' or something similar because I want the players who are playing badly to feel comfortable and stick around. I usually go out of my way to defend people who play like shit when others call them out because I don't want the guy handing me money to be chased away.

Once I tore up the donkey who told said I was a terrible player and he left, I realized how bad I was tilting....but continued to play. I don't know why now. But I pressed on.

Had I dropped my buy in, I would have left but because I was basically breaking even I stuck around. I lost a total of $12 the whole afternoon while I saw the sickest single day of cards in my entire poker life. In that regard I was lucky.

So enough of my bad beat day story. Last night I went to my first Flogging Molly concert. I've tried to see them a couple of times in the past, but ended up being out of town just about every time they came to Detroit. Awesome. That's about all I can say. We had a great time, spent a lot of money on beer, and had a drink with Dave and Bridget after the show when they strolled into the Town Pump and hung out at the table next to us.

I'm normally not the "Hey, take a picture with me" type, but I had to get one with them. I even made sure to post it on myspace before I passed out last night. I'm such a dork.

Not sure yet where tonight is going to take me, but I can guarantee I won't be drinking after all the beer I had last night.

No comments: