Saturday, May 30, 2009

You = blog slacker!


So I got a text message from a friend this morning....any guesses as to what that text said?

She's right, I have no valid argument for neglecting my blog. I have been pressed for time, but it doesn't take that long to put something small up here....as demonstrated by my last post. So here I am early on a Saturday afternoon, trying to figure out what I want to do first with all the things I'd like to get done today.

Some quick work on the X seems to be the number one priority at the moment, with getting a run in sometime right up there too. I promised the dogs a walk, but I really doubt they remember that now as they snore away, Guinness on the floor and Kira on her couch.

I kinda feel sorry for them on the weekends. During the week they have very structured days, and know exactly what time they will be eating and/or going out in the yard. Guinness will actually walk up to me at 4:30 and let me know it's time for him to eat dinner if it's not obvious that I am already on my way to get it for him.

The flip side there is that they have less time to spend with Mark or I since we are both on days now. So on the weekends, they have less structure, but more time with me. I guess I shouldn't feel sorry for them then....who wouldn't give up a little structure to have more time with me? ;-)

Hell, as I think about it....I have to get dog food today too. There's my top priority now. Making sure they have enough food tonight to eat dinner. If Kira wasn't such a hater, I would take them to Petsmart with me as part of their walk. As it is though, she'd just start a fight and have Guinness finish it for her.

Alright, I think I have done my bloggy duties for the day....hope someone is happy now. :-P I honestly would write more, but my left shoulder is killing me today and typing on my desktop is making it worse. Maybe a HOT shower will help me with the pain. If not, there is always the hot tub....hmmm, I might have a new top priority now. :-D

No comments: