Saturday, September 05, 2009

My Weekend; So Far, So Good


It's been a couple weeks since I laid the X down, and I am happy to have come as far as I have with my recovery, but holy shit am I tired of this couch. I think I have spent more time on this couch in the last two weeks than I had all year before my crash. I'm going a little stir crazy here.

Last night, in an attempt to lift my couch-ridden spirits, I suggested Mark and I head to No. VI Chophouse to get some of the best steak around. I absolutely love the filet they have there, and I can find a way to justify the price every now and again because I like it so much. It's definitely my favorite place to eat steak around here, and one of my favorites I've ever eaten at. I was definitely a happy man when we got there.

The food was fantastic, but some of the conversations we overheard are what really made the dinner experience. The lack of common sense in an individual never ceases to amaze me, but it was definitely amplified because of the fine dining setting. From the LOUD girl behind me bragging about her vibrating licorice panties, to the HAMMERED lady that crashed another dinner parties' conversation on her way out to talk about martinis with a bunch of people that obviously didn't want her there, to the DUMB waiter telling the people behind us about his "chemistry experiment" with salt and ice, there was a lot for me to shake my head at.

After dinner we stopped at Gus O'Connor's to watch the end of the Tigers game, and I tried out my bar stamina for the first time in about a week. While I am definitely getting better every day, I still can't sit in one place for too long without pain, unless I have something to elevate and support my legs. I made it through to the end of the game, but pretty much darted out the door when the last pitch was thrown.

At home Mark and I watched some TV, had a couple interesting discussions, and then watched a few episodes of the third season of Dexter when Paul came over about 1:00.

I was happy to sleep in today, and actually slept longer than I had planned on because I decided not to take the X out for a diagnostic ride today to see how she is acting since the crash. I WANT to do it, but covering up my leg wounds to put on jeans is not gonna happen for a while if I can help it.

Instead I went out and did a couple things this afternoon, making my way to Rosenau Powersports at one point to look at new riding gear. I only saw a few things I like, but will definitely have to look up Olympia gloves here in a minute, and only tried on one jacket. I loved the look of the jacket, and it fit rather well....but it was just leather (not even that thick) and had no crash pads in it at all. After seeing how the pads in my kevlar jacket saved my joints, I'll never buy another riding jacket without them.

While I was putting on the jacket, this beautiful blonde girl there saw me struggling with it because of my shoulder injury, and tried to help me with it. Unfortunately, I was kind of a dick about not letting her help me....because I am independent normally as it is, but even more so now with my injuries. Hopefully she didn't take it too personally, since I didn't even say I was sorry. As a matter of fact, if I could apologize to her right now I would.

Rosenau was the last place I stopped today, and I made it home pretty early....but I still had a great afternoon. My improving health and an extra day off from work should make this a pretty good weekend, even though I had to cancel my Arts, Beats, and Eats plans for tonight. We'll see what I can get into tomorrow to keep my good weekend rolling. LOL. Get into. See what I did there?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I miss that couch and the memories. I can't deny I am not worried about you and wish that you would talk to me and let me know you are okay.

I miss you Max.. I miss sending you random picutres because I knew you'd see the same humor in it.