Friday, March 19, 2010

Morning Music, 3-18-10



1. Us- Regina Spektor.

We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages
We're living in a den of thieves
And it's contagious

2. Fix You- The Offspring.

She wakes up
Rage and grace
Pulling me closer
Pushing away
And me the sharpest thorn on your vine
Twisting and turning, we're all intertwined

I wish I could heal you
And mend where you are broken
I wish I could heal you
And I wish you could heal me

3. Push it- Garbage.

This is the noise that keeps me awake
My head explodes and my body aches

4. Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Black bandanna, sweet Louisiana
robbin' on a bank in the state of Indiana
She's a runner, rebel and a stunner
On her merry way sayin; baby whatcha gonna

California rest in peace
Simultaneous release
California show your teeth
She's my priestess, I'm your priest

She's a lover baby and a fighter
Shoulda seen it coming when it got a little brighter

5. You Can't Always Get What You Want- The Rolling Stones.

You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need

6. Dreams- The Cranberries.

Oh, my life is changing everyday,
In every possible way.
And oh, my dreams, it's never quite as it seems,
Never quite as it seems.

I know I've felt like this before, but now I'm feeling it even more,
Because it came from you.
And then I open up and see the person falling here is me,
A different way to be.

And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
You're what I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
You're everything to me.

7. Love Me Two Times- The Doors.

Love me one time
I could not speak
Love me one time, baby
Yeah, my knees got weak
But love me two times, girl
Last me all through the week
Love me two times
I'm goin' away

8. Don't Look Back in Anger- Oasis.

Slip inside the eye of your mind
Don't you know you might find
A better place to play
You said that you'd never been
But all the things that you've seen
Will slowly fade away

Step outside the summertime's in bloom
Stand up beside the fireplace
Take that look from off your face
You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out

Her soul slides away, but don't look back in anger
I heard you say

Take me to the place where you go
Where nobody knows, if it's night or day.

9. The Gift- Angels and Airwaves.

And suddenly
You’ve done it all
You won me over
In no time at all

And now I’ll stop the storm if it rains
I’ll light a path far from here
I’ll make your fear melt away
And the world we know disappear

10. Hurt- Johnny Cash.

I focus on the pain,
the only thing that's real.

Try to kill it all away,
but I remember everything.

I will let you down,
I will make you hurt.

I wear this crown of thorns,
upon my liar's chair.
Full of broken thoughts,
I cannot repair.
Beneath the stains of time,
the feelings disappear.

If I could start again,
a million miles away.
I would keep myself.
I would find a way.

No comments: