Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Miss USA


So this year's Miss USA is from my hometown. Glad to see that the country has finally realized something about Dearborn girls that I have known for about 20 years....they are pretty effing hot. I mean, why else would I still live only 6 houses from where I grew up?

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the minute you win something prestigious like the Miss USA title, EVERYONE starts digging through your dirty laundry like you are running for president or something. So instead of being able to completely enjoy being crowned Miss USA, which is something I am sure at least 90% of girls dream about at one time or another in their lives, Rima Fakih now has to deal with people digging up old photos and videos and plastering them all over the internet with eye-catching headlines about "Stripper Poles" and "Raunchy" videos.

Now of course there is talk that she may have to forfeit her crown because of these past "transgressions", which I think is a load of BS. Personally I don't think they'd take it away from her, but you never know. And it'd be terribly hypocritical for the pageant to take away her win for these photos or video considering the promo shots they used of her seemed more "raunchy" to me than the one being slung around now. Just take a look at these two pics:



I don't see how they could justify using these shots to promote their show, AND take away her crown for the material that came out yesterday....especially when she shows a LOT more skin in these two pics than in the "controversial" material. Truth be told, those pictures aren't even worthy of a post on this blog. They were kinda dumb, to be honest. These on the other hand....they were good enough to bend my 1 picture per post rule. :-)

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

sigh...nice.