Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Random Dreams



Waking up throughout the night makes it easier to remember my dreams, and this week I have had a hard time sleeping through an entire REM cycle....so I have had a few more dreams stick to my memory.

Last night/this morning I had a dream about planning a trip to Vegas. Not strange in and of itself, but the fact that I was planning to drive there, and it wasn't a really long trip, is very strange. I think I also estimated the drive time to be somewhere between 8-12 hours....I only wish Vegas were that close. Probably a good thing that it's not.

At one point in the dream I remember suggesting we drive to Texas instead because looking at the map, Texas was a lot closer. And by that I mean it was closer than Vegas and closer than it actually is in reality. I thing the panhandle extended up to where southern Indiana would normally be when I looked at the dream map. And as opposed to Vegas, I am kinda happy that Texas, or more accurately the Texans who reside in Texas, is as far away as it is.

The next dream I remember is shorter and less detailed. I was driving home from work, and when I got to Chase and Hemlock I saw a HUGE tornado on the east side of chase moving west toward the area where my house is. Somehow my truck disappeared from under me and I was suddenly walking, although that didn't seem the slightest bit abnormal to me in the dream. With the tornado changing course a few times and looking like it might come toward me, I ended up looking for cover but finding nothing but an open field. The tornado moved on without hitting me, nor destroying anything anywhere it actually traveled, but it was still pretty intense nonetheless.

No comments: