Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh Lord, Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood


Morning Music, 5-27-10

1. Tik Tok- Ke$ha.

I sure didn't feel much like P. Diddy when I woke up today....unless he is always sleep deprived and dreading the upcoming work day. Well, now that I think about it, maybe he does feel like that.

Aint got a care in world, but got plenty of beer
Aint got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here
Now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

I'm talkin' bout - everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys tryna touch my junk, junk
Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk
Now, now - we goin' til they kick us out, out
Or the police shut us down, down
Police shut us down, down
Po-po shut us down

2. Midnight Confessions- Grass Roots.

The sound of your footsteps
Telling me that you're near
Your soft gentle motion, baby
Brings out the need in me that no-one can hear, except

In my midnight confessions
When I tell all the world that I love you
In my midnight confessions
When I say all the things that I want to
I love you

Staggering through the daytime
Your image on my mind
Passing so close beside you baby
Sometimes the feelings are so hard to hide, except

In my midnight confessions
When I tell all the world that I love you
In my midnight confessions
When I say all the things that I want to
I love you

3. To Where the River Flows- Collective Soul.

Give me a moment
Got to get this weight up off my chest
Don't feed me sorrow
Pain is a poison I digest

4. Even Flow- Pearl Jam.

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies
Oh, he don't know so he chases them away-yeah
Oh, someday, yea, he'll begin his life again
Life again, Life again

5. Sex and Candy- Marcy Playground.

Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had so much time
To sit and think about myself
And then there she was
Like double cherry pie
Yeah there she was
Like disco superfly
I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting devious stares
In my direction
Mama this surely is a dream, yeah
Yeah, mama this surely is a dream
Dig it
MMMM, Cherry Pie
Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had too much caffeine
And I was thinkin' 'bout myself
And then there she was
In platform double suede
Yeah there she was
Like disco lemonade

6. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood- Santa Esmeralda.
Being the classic rock purist that I am, I'd never have guessed that I would like this version of the song. It's probably good I didn't even know this version existed until a few years back when Kill Bill came out. Had I heard this too much before then I would have disregarded it all together or completely loathed it as I did with so many other classic rock covers when I was younger. It's definitely a good thing that I have grown even more open minded as I have gotten older.

Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree
With a joy that's hard to hide
And sometimes it seems that, all I have to do is worry
And then you're bound to see my other side

'Cause I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

If I seem edgy
I want you to know
That I never meant to take it out on you
Life has its problems
And I got my share
And that's one thing I never meant to do
'Cause I love you

7. 4am- Our Lady Peace.

If I don't make it
Know that I've loved you all along
Just like sunny days that
We ignore because
We're all dumb and jaded
And I hope to God I figure out what's wrong

I walked around my room not thinking
Just sinking in this box
I blame myself for being too much
Like somebody else
I never thought I would just bend this way

8. Cruel Summer- Bananarama.

The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel ... cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel ... it's a cruel .. cruel summer
Now you've gone

9. Wild Horses- The Rolling Stones.
I always liked this song, but for some reason it never felt right when the Stones sang it. A few years back I heard Jewel cover this song and was amazed at how much she added to it with her voice and the way she sang it. To me Mick seems to just be singing these lyrics while Jewel seemed passionate about them. Just my thoughts.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day

10. Followed the Waves- Auf Der Maur.

Break my heart
The cards of fate
Seal the deal
My heart lies, my heart lies to you

I followed the waves to you,
I cannot see it through
But my heart lies to you
You’ll never have me true

Between my fire sighs and my burning eyes
My heart burns wildly in his eyes
He's just a drunken, gambling man
Dealing with the hand of desire's thing

I'm gonna shuffle his deck clean
I'm gonna shuffle his deck clean

No comments: