Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Caffeine


Yesterday I went an entire day without caffeine for the first time in a VERY long time. I've gone deep into a day recently before grabbing a can of Pepsi or something else at home or out to dinner, but I still have had at least one caffeinated beverage each day. Until yesterday.

There were plenty of times that I WANTED to grab a pop with caffeine in it yesterday because I was dragging ass at work all morning, but I made it through the work day without having one....without having any pop at all actually, with or without caffeine. Being somewhat busy most of the day really helped me survive at work. Riding after work helped me sustain that, and it wasn't until I had my dinner at the movies that I ordered a Sierra Mist. Normally I won't drink an entire pop in the movies, but that 32 ounces didn't last til the credits.

While it was great to go an entire day without caffeine, and most of it without any pop, there was one drawback. After the movie I was completely drained and in bed by 8....well, I was actually passed out on the couch by 8. It wasn't until I woke up just before 1 am that I realized I had completely slept the evening away. Sleeping as soundly as I did on the couch also had another drawback....I am stiff as hell this morning, and kinda unhappy that I have to turn to my good friend Motrin for help again. It could be worse of course, but I hate feeling dependant on a pill.

I'm already dragging again this morning, but I am hoping to get through it without any pop. I've already sucked down about 30 ounces of ice water, so I shouldn't be thirsty much from here on out as long as I keep my water cup full. I didn't have too hard of a time staying away from the pop yesterday....I hope it's as easy today.

No comments: