Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Three Big Egos


While I have been pretty much sickened by how much press this has been getting, I must admit I am interested to see if this experiment works out. I'm not normally a hater but considering this involves "King" James and the Miami Heat, I won't try and hide my hater status. Normally I don't care if things like this work out or not and every sport has had something akin to this happen at one time or another which I didn't really care about....with only two exceptions I can think of.

When the Lakers geared up for another title run with Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and the rest in 2004 I really didn't care too much....until the Pistons signed Sheed. Then I wanted to see the LA experiment fail miserably....and it did. Before that, there was the three-headed monster of Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin in Dallas. That "dynasty" just pissed me off, even though I really like Troy Aikman. Alas, he played for the Cowboys....one of the few teams I actually loathe.

This situation in Miami is somewhat similar to the Dallas trio. I like Bosh, I really like Wade, and Lebron is definitely an impressively rare talent (and and even more impressively rare douche) but mixing those ingredients up in the bowl that is Miami just makes me lose my appetite.

I'll be watching the standings with interest, and hoping to see this turn into a ego-fueled trainwreck.

No comments: