Sunday, July 08, 2012

Same Old Situation


Not much going on the last week or so, mostly just dealing with work and getting ready for our new summer schedule with the kids doing their summer programs. Tomorrow will be the first full day of it, and juggling their stuff and our stuff together officially begins.

When I actually do post here, I am hesitant to post stuff about weight loss and/or working out anymore. For years it has been the same old thing, talk a lot about it and how this time it's going to work, get to the gym for a while, cut back a little on calories, show a little improvement, then fall off the wagon. This year has been no different. I started off the year pretty well, dropping more than 20 lbs in the first three months, even though I didn't start seriously working out until February. Since then I have gained back a little more than ten of those lbs with my sporadic gym visits and bad eating habits. Tomorrow I again begin my quest for healthy weight loss.

I doubt I will post much about my progress or lack thereof here, unless I hit a milestone weight. If something weird or worth talking about happens at the gym, I'll undoubtedly mention it here, but I don't want to really put out here what I am doing weight/health wise right now.

Other than the same old same old, LM and I did get to go out to Como's the Friday before last to meet up with some friends we hadn't seen in a while. As usual, the pizza was great and I ate too much of it, and the time spent there with our friends was fantastic. Not many people were in town since this was the Friday before the 4th of July, but the small group that went out had a blast and this gives us a reason to have another Friday night out in the near future so the rest of the crew can make it out....and I have an excuse to have more Como's pizza.

There was a lot of talk about our upcoming wedding, and more than just a little bit of talk about the rings. This is the first time most of the people out with us had seen LM's engagement ring, and there was a lot more talk about ring possibilities for me than I had expected. Throw in a little Vegas talk, and the time flew by.

All but one of our group took off somewhere around 10:30 or 11, so the three of us headed down Woodward a bit to try out a new place. We decided to try out John D Bistro, which is where Club Bart used to be. I had never been to Club Bart, so it was all new to me anyway, but it was a nice place. Not very busy for a Friday night in Ferndale, but like I said before it was right before the 4th, and the music a little too loud for the crowd size, but I did enjoy the music and watching the DJ bounce around at certain times.

Since we all just ate, no food was ordered but we did all get a drink. Our friend got a glass of wine, I got the Sidecar which was made very well, and I can't remember the name of the drink LM got (and I don't see it on their website either) but it was even better than mine. All in all, I dug the place and will make sure to head over there again when we are hanging out in Ferndale.

Time to get back to the same old situation now, but will hopefully be back soon with something else to ramble on about.

3 comments:

Simply Me said...

mmmm como's pizza. think we can convince every one of heading there after the pub crawl? i could go for a slice or 2 again already ;-D

Simply Me said...

mmmm como's pizza. think we can convince every one of heading there after the pub crawl? i could go for a slice or 2 again already ;-D

Max said...

Well, WE are going to Como's afterward. I'm sure plenty of people will follow....at least the ones who stay out late enough.