Monday, July 30, 2012

In With the Old


With football season just around the corner, I've had a few things on my mind concerning my Fantasy Football League. First and foremost is finding a new website to host our league. The site we used last year gave us a free year to try out it's new design and what not, but it still wasn't anything special. On top of that, they have increased the cost per league this year, and I just can't see making my guys toss in an extra few bucks to use the crappy site.

So to keep everyone in the league up to date on league issues without using crap.com, I decided to make a Facebook page for our league. After five minutes of trying different names (because FB makes you use a REAL name) I get into the security stuff and fill it out. Last step....you need to give them a cell number to activate the page. Sigh. There is something severely wrong when I could get a fake ID with less effort than it takes to sign up for a second FB page. I gave up on the second page when LM suggested I just start a FB group for the league, and then did that.

Now, while checking everything on FB I looked at my photo albums and opened up one with pics of my motorcycles in it. When I went back to the albums, I noticed an old album titled Pic-a-Day. A few times over the years, either here or on FB....or even Myspace, I've tried the picture-every-day thing with mixed results and have decided that I'd like to try it again. Thinking I will start with August 1st, but may even start today if I can get a picture of something remotely interesting.

This will be primarily on Facebook, since it's so easy to just post a picture from my phone right after taking it, but I am sure I'll get a couple I feel like sharing here every so often. Kinda wish I would have thought about this before the weekend. I'm sure I could have come up with a few pics during the pub crawl Friday night/Saturday morning.

No comments: