Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I am now the proud owner (lessee) of a new Grand Cherokee. With all the hassle out of the way during the big 3's employee pricing promotions, I may have spent more time test driving the truck than I actually spent inside the salesman's office....unless you count the time I spent in there waiting for him on Friday when I went in to pick up my truck and he had gone for the day. Wouldn't have been so bad if any of his co-workers knew he was gone. After a few minutes of waiting in his office, the young receptionist with the cool hair, hideous cackle, and grossly oversized curtains decides that they should try and track him down before the dealership closes on us. Blah blah blah, they get him on his cell phone and due to our "miscommunication" there's no way to sign the paperwork, but I can still take the truck for the weekend. Not a bad deal, but I still have to come back on Monday to sign everything, and the truck will do me no good over the weekend as I will be up north....which leads me to another car dealership problem.

Poor Jen got to the dealership on time (even though she's late for everything else) to meet her salesman (who was actually there) but he couldn't get ahold of the dealership that had the Envoy that she was supposed to pick up that day. She took care of trading in her Audi, and thankfully the salesman is nice enough to give her a free loaner Envoy for the weekend. The loaner didn't have all the bells and whistles that hers is equipped with, but it was good to see how the truck would do on a weekend trip up north.

After all the frustration at our respective dealerships, we packed up the Big Pimp and hit the road. Guinness had mixed reviews of the Envoy right off the bat. There was more room for him in the back of this SUV than there was in the back of my truck, but there was also an extra row of seats between him and his daddy. It took him a little longer than usual to calm down back there, but eventually he seemed rather fond of all the room to stretch and lay as he pleased.

Saturday and Sunday we had nearly perfect weather, and spent a good part of each day on the boat just soaking up the sun and frolicking in the water. The time we spent up there doing a whole bunch of nothing was some of the best time I have spent this summer.

No comments: