Friday, August 19, 2005

Working for the Weekend

After a long busy week at my 9-5 it's finally Friday! Ironically, I have never in my life worked a job with those hours....just a few 9-5 shifts when I worked at MGM, but that was 9PM-5AM.

ANYway, so it's Friday and when I get out of here I can just relax for the weekend....well, after I get out of here and pick up my suit from the cleaners. And after I head out to Clawson during rush hour traffic and the Woodward Dream Cruise to attend a 6 pm, Friday night reception for a wedding that took place more than 8 months ago. Not exactly how I would have planned it, but hey....

So that leaves tomorrow. I guess I can relax sometime after Grandma's outdoor birthday party at Chilson Pond on a day with rain and storms in the forecast. But then I have to come home and get ready and go check out an Irish band called Death by Accordion playing a gig in, of all places, Greektown. Which, as anyone who knows anything about anything in the city of Detroit can tell you, is the place around here to find the best Irish pubs.

So Sunday is the day....I will relax as long as I bust out early from the NLHE home tournament(s) we are playing all day....but will I really relax if I bust out early? I doubt it. I will be going over my bad play or bad beat while the other players finish the first game. Eh, maybe I'll just chalk it up to poker being poker and take a nap....

No matter how I slice it, I should have a pretty busy weekend. I should also have a pretty fun weekend. Those combined will lead to one looong Monday when I get back to business. Maybe I can use some of my spare time on Monday to do a little bit of research for my FFL draft which is right around the corner, and at the moment I have no idea who I'm looking to draft with the 10th pick in both leagues.

Hopefully I'll have a few pics from this weekend in my next post....I just hope the lighting at the wedding is decent, the weather holds up for Grandma's party, and either I win the tourney on Sunday or go out early enough to get some cool "action" shots of everyone who actually knows how to play poker.