Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Endgame

I need to work on my late tournament play. Each of the blogger tourneys I've played in of late have seen me make a big run relatively early, and flame out toward the end. I can blame distraction and illness all I want for my performance in Sunday's blogger tournament, but I still have to live with a bad beatless 20th place effort. Out of only 48 players. From 4th stack at the points bubble (25 players). Crash and burn.

Last night I played a little better, but had a harder time reading the plays and players because I was caught up in the Pistons/Mavs game for most of the tourney, and at one point just posted and folded to watch the end of the game when I was big stack at my table. Entirely my fault, but I was OK with sacrificing a little of my performance to watch that game.

Not getting into it too much, I finished 7th out of 68 entrants. That was good enough for some money, but not a big payday. I also busted Wil in 11th place, and earned the honor of having next week's tournament named after my Poker Stars screen name (FFLPlague, the only site I don't use Table_Max).

Hopefully I'll have some time later to dissect and comment a little more.

No comments: