Sunday, March 12, 2006

First WPBT Circuit Event Live BLog

Since this is my first time back on the (digital) felt since December, I've decided to live blog it in the interest of eyeing my play and comparing it to the others in the tourney.

9:22pm....We are eight minutes from the start and here come the butterflies. Right about now, I wish I had more PLO experience.

9:28pm....Just seated and I have Donkeypuncher to my right in the 2 spot with Derek in the 5 spot.

9:31pm....3 hands in and I've only seen one flop, completing from the small blind then folding. Live blogging a tourney you are in is a lot harder than I thought.

9:36pm....Took down 3 consecutive pots and am now big stack at my table with T2240.

9:40pm....Moved to another table. Donkeypuncher is at this table with me as well, as he was for a bit at the WPBT Winter Classic.

9:46pm....Currently 2nd in chips. Feeling a little better about my PLO game, but I am lamenting the fact that I never played on Poker Stars before today....not used to the software yet. I am a little slow at times.

9:57pm....Just took out Maigrey and DeadMeek on a hand where I flopped a full house then checked and called all the way to the river, where I check-raised them both all in. I am way out in front with T7245. Resetdave is second with T3610.

10:03pm....Flopped another full house and took out GCox25 this time. T9160 and way ahead of the pack. Luck seems to be with me tonight.

10:05pm....Pauly just got moved to my table along with Change100. Badblood is sitting between them and Iggy is on Pauly's right.

10:09pm....resetdave is still building his stack and is up to T7015. I'm at T9060.

10:20pm....I've had to slow down to make sure not to get that maniac image I tend to get when I have the big stack, usually because I am playing like a maniac. I'm also getting my keyboards confused as I am using my old computer to blog and my new computer to play. I need to get some motivation and set my shit up proper.

10:26pm....35 players left and I am still firmly ahead in chip count. Blinds are currently T50/T100 and I am holding T9810.

10:29pm....I just broke the 10,000 mark at T10,010! Second place is under T6,000.

10:31pm....We are on a break now. Lizard draining time....

10:36pm....Blinds are now T75/T150. Chops here just sucked out on me on the river knocking me below T9000 for a bit. Now sitting at T9105. Effing river.

10:42pm....Just dropped two hands in a row. Time to slow down. No longer chip leader. T7145. Can't play table captain now.

10:49pm....Just hit runner runner to put Change100 out and got moved before I could say sorry. So if you find your way over here Change, I am sorry to suckout that bad on you. And Pauly, I am sorry that you had to hear from her about how much of a donkey I really am.

10:53pm....27 players remain and I am bouncing back and forth between 1st and 2nd stack. I just made a bad move, betting exactly enough to put Byron all in, hoping to push him off this pot....still waiting to see if he calls. He did, I have nothing....and he hung on beat me and double up.

11:00pm....Lack of sleep and the prospect of getting up at 4:30am for work has aided in my donking off a good portion of my stack in the last 30 minutes. I am now sitting at T6130, and that's only because I took out BobRespert and TheFilmGeek when I hit a nut flush. 20 players left and I sit in 6th place.

11:05pm....Just took out Byron with another nut flush. Money was all in on the flop, with me drawing for it and a gutshot straight, and I turned it. Had pushed him in with the draw because he was pretty much committed and only had T880 left before my bet. 19 left and I am 3rd in chips with T7210. Blinds currently at T150/T300.

11:10pm....My online poker stamina isn't what it used to be. We're not even two hours in and I'm already getting tired. Chip leader, Vegaas, is on my right now with T10,148 and I sit with only T6460. 18 players left and I am card dead the last 5 minutes.

11:17pm....Guess I need to complain about my cards more often. Just flopped a full house again and pulled in a pot of T2540. Would have been more but CraigNY hit a better boat on the river to pull in T480 of it to stay alive.

11:20pm....Sitting in 5th (which is where I finished in the Winter Classic) with 17 players left and T6500. Blinds just went up to T200/T400 and I'll be in the big blind next hand.

11:26pm....CraigNY's luck has finally run out....15th place for the blogger that refused to die.

11:30pm....My status continues to fall as my cards have taken a turn for the horrible. I've never seen this many four suited hands in such a short span. I now have the chip leader (lucko21, T15,390) to my left and the number 2 stack (Vegaas, T9948) to my right. Blinds still at T200/T400 and I've got T5300. 14 players remain.

11:37pm....Players are on break. 13 remain, with 9 making the money. Points bubble has come and gone long ago. I now sit in 8th with my T4500. Haven't had a decent enough hand to get involved recently as the smaller stacks are pretty much forced to push lately. Blinds will be at T300/T600 when we return and I'll be looking for that very special hand to marry myself to. Haven't seen anyone take down a pot with any form of the hammer yet.

11:48pm....Listening to Dark Side of the Moon now to help me focus a little more on the game. Subsequently went on a mini rush up to T5700 now, but still in 8th with 12 players remaining.

11:52pm....So I can turn off the Floyd because I just ate it in 11th place. Made a terrible move on the chip leader (lucko21) when I read his 3x raise as a position/stack raise and tried a stop and go to push him off the pot after a flop that I thought wouldn't help him. I was wrong, he made trips on the flop and insta-called when I pushed. Dumb move, putting me out as the double bubble boy.

11:57pm....Final table time as Double Dave and voodoopoker bust out in 9th and 10th respectively. Final eight are spiderk in seat 1 with T2830, Chops here 2nd seat with T5660, Iggy seat 3 with T1,782, a104l9 in the 4 spot with T8600, Vegaas in seat 5 with T6808, S.t.B has T6970 in seat 6, Lucko21 is way out in front with T29,470 in the 7 spot, and Boobie Lover has T6680 in the 8 spot.

12:03am....spiderk moves into second with two consecutive pots. One of T5200 and the next with T3200. He's now sitting on T13230 chips. Hold on, make that three out of four to put him at T14430 after a pot of T2000.

12:06am....lucko21 is flexing the big stack and pushing others out pre-flop. As the leader he now has over 34k, more than double the second stack.

12:08am....Chops here is out in 8th. lucko21 took him out with a straight over trips. He takes home $50.40 for the effort tonight.

12:11am....Confession time. I am now addicted to live blogging this event. I need to be up for work in a shade over 4 hours and I can't stand the thought of going to sleep without watching this play out.

12:14am....Vegaas just doubled up with his 6-10 straight versus lucko21's kings. After another all-in which went uncalled, he's now sitting on T10,616 chips.

12:16am....Iggy doubles up against lucko21 as well and now has T11,164.

12:17am....lucko21 finally takes out someone on their all in. Boobie Lover finishes in 7th, taking home $61.60

12:18am....Vegaas is out in 6th. spiderk took him down, boat over boat. $72.80 goes to Vegaas.

12:21am....Iggy busts out in 5th, taken down by spiderk and his kings. Iggy will be credited $89.60

12:22am....a104l9 gets rivered out by S.t.B in 4th place and grabs $112 on his way out the door.

12:25am....S.t.B doubles up against lucko21 and takes the chip lead, pole vaulting up from 3rd. He now has T36,740, spiderk has T34,010, and lucko21 drops to short stack with T11,450.

12:27am....Blinds are at 1k/2k now and spiderk just knocked out lucko21 with a boat over locko21's turned nut flush. S.t.B and spiderk are pretty even in chips heads up. lucko21 takes $134.40 away from the game for third.

12:33am....We have a winner! S.t.B outlasts the field of 56 to win the first ever WPBT Circuit Event! The key hand was a double up for S.t.B with a 6-10 straight over a 5-9 straight for spiderk. A pot of T82,280 that crippled spiderk and left him with only T1720 in chips. He doubled up on each of the next two hands, but ran out of luck on the hand after that. On the final hand the money was in pre-flop and S.t.B hit a set on the flop which held up against spiderk's kings. 2nd place money is $224 for spiderk, and S.t.B receives $336 for first.

I'm very happy to have played in and blogged this tourney. I will update this tourney blog to show names and link to everyone's blog that I possibly can. Since this is my first time on Poker Stars I could only catch a few names from the screen names, so if you see your screen name up here and would like it replaced with your name/blog name and a link send me the info at Table_Max@yahoo.com or put it in my comments for a quicker update since I can't access my yahoo account from work.

Thanks to Byron for setting this all up. It was my supreme pleasue to bust you in this first event!

3 comments:

change100 said...

LOL... no worries!

Pauly said...

Nice playing with ya!

Ignatious said...

nice live blogging, sir. and excellent job in the tourney.