Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Manic Morning Ramblings

My iPod effing rules! After months of hemming and hawing, I finally broke down and got a new Dell desktop and a 30GB iPod. I've had it a couple weeks or so, and use it every morning to break through the lethargy that encapsulates me in the morning. This morning was extremely bad as I fell asleep on the shuttle between the Joe Louis Arena parking structure and the building I work in. I came to when the shuttle stopped to drop us off, and realized that I needed something a bit more upbeat in my ear and flipped it straight to The Prodigy. As I stepped inside from the frigid morning air of the first day of Spring, Smack my Bitch Up began to play and I walked a little faster than normal. I progressed from The Prodigy to some Foo Fighters, then NIN, and a little bit of Led Zeppelin. That made me a little manic, and gave me a shot in the arm to start out the day.

Luckily I don't get anything like Wilkie when I get manic. As a matter of fact it's pretty hard to tell when I am because my actions and voice tend to be a lot like Steven Wright with a hangover. I may still move a little slow and talk a little less than in the afternoon, but there is no way I am going to fall dead asleep as I walk through the hallway. Maybe, I'm not manic....maybe I am just actually awake for once.

No comments: