Tuesday, June 03, 2008

In Case of Emergency....

I used to turn my phone ringer off whenever I went to bed, but decided a few years ago to leave it on every night just in case someone really needed to get a hold of me. I've let all of my friends know that if they needed someone in the middle of the night, and weren't sure who to call because it's late, that I would be available.

Sunday night/Monday morning I awoke just after midnight to my phone ringing. Looked at the phone to see if it was a wrong number I could just ignore. Nope, it was one of my friends. I answer, and after a few seconds of coming out of my groggy sleep fog assured my friend that I was fully awake and ready to listen to what was going on....even though I may have been stretching the truth a bit.

She gets straight to the point. She is driving home, which I can clearly hear is the case, and she got really scared. Scared to the point of being freaked out and needed to call me. She's scared that she's possibly being followed, or that someone is going to jump up from her back seat and get her. On my end, silence as I try and figure out what she is telling me. Finally the reason she is so scared comes out....


She was driving home from the movie theater, where she had just seen The Strangers. For some reason this girl, who is crazy afraid of scary movies, decided to go see one of the few movies that could freak her out, and at 10pm no less. When she knew she had to drive home alone. Now when I say crazy afraid, I mean it. I've taunted her about it before, pretty recently too when she was supposed to come over for a movie night with me and Mark.

I am well aware of how scary movies make her feel because SHE is well aware of it. Maybe not the best decision to go see that movie....I'm just sayin.

No comments: