Sunday, June 15, 2008

Super Turbo!

Full Tilt has unveiled a new form of SNG tournament, called a super turbo. 300 chips to start instead of the normal 1500. I'm not always keen on flipping coins, but I figured I would try a few of these to see how they worked.

I wanted to play in today's MSOP event #29, $30+$3 NLHE. I noticed a few of the satellites to this event were super turbos. Two birds, one stone. I register and a few second later get seated, noticing that I only had 100 chips. Talk about flipping coins, that was sick....but I kinda liked it.

I played three of these super duper 100 chip turbos before getting lucky enough to win one, and I am currently playing in the MSOP event....poorly I might add. Currently 1117th out of 1149 remaining. Looks like I won't be missing dinner tonight.

Update: I actually made it to the second break in the MSOP event, and will be in the small blind with an impressive M of about 3.3 when the break is over.

I also had a lot of fun watching a short stack at another table win hand after hand to go from 4 chips to about 100 before finally busting out.

No comments: