Friday, May 08, 2009

Finally

I am just 12 hours from my last final for this semester. I am confident in my ability to do very well on it, as long as I can get some inspiration to write later tonight, but I have a bunch of work to get done before then. Yay procrastination.

Looks like the weather today will be fantastic. It's the first time this year I've gotten to ride to work....found out my hair is too long to tame after wearing a helmet for all of 15 minutes on the way in. Maybe I'll finally get motivated to chop this mop tomorrow. I should have time before our safety meeting.

Stayed up late to watch some hockey last night, so I was definitely in need of some motivation from Mr iPod this morning. Here's what I got:

1. My Apocalypse- Metallica. I know I sound like a broken record when I keep saying the latest Metallica CD sounds a lot like the Metallica we all knew and loved before they sold out, but it's true. That being said, listening to this song today I did notice that James Hetfield's voice is not nearly as strong as it used to be. A sad realization for me, but I'm sure it weighs a lot heavier on him.

2. Salt Shaker- Ying Yang Twins. They might not be great song writers, talented musicians, or even sing all that well....but they have some really entertaining, and catchy, songs. Plus, it's got Lil Jon in it. How can you go wrong?

3. There for You- Flyleaf. Not a song I've really listened to before, so I had to pull up the lyrics and read them as I listened. Not the most uplifting of songs, but I like it....and I can easily sympathize with some of the lyrics in particular. "You speak the unthinkable thought,
I love you too"
4. Move Along- All-American Rejects. Perfect. We get to move along to a song that's a little more uptempo. These lyrics I don't really care about....I just act like I know them and sing.

5. My Bloody Valentine- Good Charlotte. I've always really liked Good Charlotte, but not this song. I am very good at separating myself from fictional things like movies, books, or even songs like this. But this one is just totally creepy to me. The song actually starts out with a little bit of the chorus, but when it moves on to the first verse, the first line you hear is: "I ripped out his throat, and called you on the telephone." I've never thought that stalking, true stalking, is something to be taken lightly and I just think that this song really never needed to be made. Just my opinion.

6. I Can't Explain- The Who. Lol. So many things going on in my mind and in my life that I can't explain for one reason or another. This made me smirk a bit.

7. Be Here to Love Me- Norah Jones. Her voice is very soothing to me, but that's not what I need at this moment. I need to be woken up. Good thing I was walking around when it came on.

8. Clarity- John Mayer. He may be a total douche, but he's a talented songwriter and a very good guitar player too. With his music, he doesn't get to show it off all too much, but seeing him in concert truly showed me his chops.

9. Last Night- Motion City Soundtrack. I can never make up my mind on whether or not I actually like MCS, but I keep listening....so that says something right?

10. Snuff on Digital- Blaqk Audio. Stiff Kittens was the song that got me to notice Blaqk Audio, but this is the song that got me hooked. I'm pretty sure it's still in the top ten songs on my iPod in terms of number of plays, and I haven't listened to it lately.

All morning, and moreso as I wrote this, I have noticed that I am hungry. Alarmingly so. I ate a good sized breakfast, 40 minutes later my body wanted more. I had a banana after my daily V8, didn't make a dent in this hunger. Not too long after that, I had 1/2 of a plain turkey sandwich on wheat. STILL hungry.

I've given up. If I am going to be hungry no matter how much I eat, I am just not going to eat. What's the use in eating if it doesn't satisfy your hunger?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Was it MCS that Jack let us sit on the side of the bar cuz I was still on gimpy crutches?

Good luck on your final tonight!! :*