Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Funny the Way it Is



It's mornings like this that I could just kick myself for not having my camera with me. Taking this picture with my phone just does not do it justice.

Lately I've been really lucky to have just a few minutes each morning to watch the sun come up. The sun rising is very symbolic to me for so many reasons, and it puts a little more pep in my step every time I get to see something like this. It's almost enough to make up for getting up SO effing early. ;-)

I'm desperately in need of that pep today too. My sleep pattern is thrown out of whack every weekend, and it's not easy for me to get it back on track. Taking a long nap in the middle of the day yesterday didn't help me one bit. I would have been better off sleeping til 1am and starting my day a little early. I never would have considered it, even after Mark suggested it, but in hindsight, it might have been a lot better for me.

I was happy to see a couple people commenting on the massages yesterday....now only if I had a volunteer who lived close enough to take advantage of my desire to practice. My hands are getting weaker by the day people, help me out. :-)

Let's get down brass tacks. How much for the ape?

Morning Music 5-12-09

1. Funny the Way it Is- Dave Matthews Band. I don't remember ever hearing this song before. I found the lyrics and the overall concept of the song very interesting. It is funny the way some things go, and how we perceive them. All those little things in life we make bigger than they should be. All those coincidences could be just that, coincidences without a greater meaning. All those things that you believe must have happened for a reason could just be the luck of the draw while playing the hand you are dealt. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it so. Human will and determination are an amazing force when focused. If you truly believe something, sometimes there is no way at all to change your mind. Whether it's believing you are destined to rule the world, or completely convinced of the recognition of your soulmate in someone else you can justify pursuing it at all costs, damn the consequences. People who are normally very heady, intelligent individuals can turn into irrational fools because of some random event they perceive as "meant to be." While I have never tried to rule the world, I have been guilty of this myself.

Yes, this is how my brain works when I listen to song lyrics. Welcome to the mind of a madman.

2. Where'd You Go?- Fort Minor. The first song came on the radio when I started the car, and this was the first iPod song for me. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I hit 'shuffle songs'. I need something to make me think less, not more.

3. The Wizard- Black Sabbath. Thank you Mr. iPod. A song I can finally use to start winding down how high strung I am right now. I know this song when it comes on, but when it's over I can't think of the lyrics or how it goes. In one ear, out the other. Perfect for the way I feel today. Hopefully as it goes through my head and leaves it will take some of the crap up there with it.
:-)
4. Love Song- Snake River Conspiracy. Well, scratch that idea....here come all those thoughts rushing back. LOL. Ya know, I've never seen the video for this, and I don't even know if there is one....but I have a wonderful idea for a video to go along with it. I can see it in my head now. Impressive cover, I must say.

5. I Want You- Kings of Leon. Looks like I can pretty much rule out Mr. iPod trying to help me out today. Seems like he's only got one thing on his mind at the moment. "Just say 'I want you, exactly like I used to' cause baby this is only bringing me down" ....is there anyone that can't identify with that?

6. This Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race- Fall Out Boy. I have no idea what this song is about, and I really don't care. I just like listening to it....and singing along.

7. Lightness- Death Cab for Cutie. Le Sigh. Talk about thoughts running through my head. This band always makes me think. Sometimes I love it, other times I can do without it.

your heart is a river that flows from your chest
through every organ
your brain is the dam
and i am the fish who can't reach the core

oh, instincts are misleading
you shouldn't think what you're feeling
they don't tell you what you know you should want
:-D
Wouldn't it be nice if everything you should want was the same as what you do want? Ah, the moral and ethical dilemmas of being human. Where are the clear defined lines? Which lines can be crossed? Which lines should be crossed? Which lines cannot be crossed? Can you read between the lines and find your answer in the gray areas? Funny the way it is, no?

8. When You Were Young- The Killers. More quotable lyrics....this makes it much easier to fill space.

They say the devil's water
It ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

9. Land of Confusion- Disturbed. Unlike some people, I can appreciate this version. It may not be the original Genesis version, but honestly if you listen to it....it does kinda sound like Phil Collins if he decided to really rock this out.

10. Mannequin- Katy Perry. Funny the way it is....I've been characterized like this before. Sometimes it helps to be a little robotic and unfeeling. Maybe the characterization is somewhat accurate....it's just not always the case.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I live in Livonia...SO far away from Dearborn!! We'd just need to clear it with the BF. He'd probably be fine with it, less work for him to do.

Max said...

Hey, you know where I am....make it work.

Sarah said...

I would like to schedule my massages between the week of June 28 and July 5th... and where ever u are here... :)

Max said...

Hey, you know where I am....Make it work.