Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I Was About 5, So It Was More Like....

This is the busiest week I have had in a while....this week is already rife with change. And it's only Wednesday. There is a lot going on around me, and a little going on with me, the specifics of which are really hard to discuss....in part because I don't know all of what is happening at this point. I can say, at least, that the changes I see happening now and in the near future are for the better. Some may be hard to handle, but eventually that too shall pass.

It's unfortunate that I don't have any details to share, because I am in somewhat of a babbling mood this morning and need a subject to go on about. Well when all else fails, I turn to sports....so how about them Tigers? And speaking of Tigers....how deft was that move by Tiger Woods on Monday? Holding a press conference on such a busy sports day. Kudos to his management team.

Monday was also the first game of the season for the Tigers, beating the Royals 8-4 in Kansas City and scoring 6 of those 8 runs in the 7th inning. I didn't watch one bit of the game, which is how it'll probably be for most of the season, but I did note the score. Their second game of the year is tonight, still in KC, at 8:00 pm and the home opener against Cleveland is this Friday.

The NCAA Championship game was Monday as well. Duke won....but barely.

The biggest news in sports the last few days has been the trade of Donovan McNabb from the Eagles to the Redskins. After 11 seasons with him as our bitter rival, it seems we are now hanging our immediate future on him. A lot of people are rushing to compare him to John Elway since it was Mike Shanahan who brought him in. While I must admit the numbers for both QBs up until Shanahan became their coach are eerily similar, with McNabb's being slightly better, I am going to just wait and see and be optimistic. I honestly don't see the same competetive fire in Donovan as I saw in John Elway....but only time will tell I guess.
~
Another note on my Skins; Albert Haynesworth seems to be on his way out. Shanahan tried to give him to Philly in the McNabb deal, but they didn't want him or that salary, and it seems that Haynesworth is destined for Shanahan's doghouse for as long as he is with the team. I'd hate to see the Skins/Haynesworth relationship end like this. He really is a rare talent that could be the key to Washington having a top 10 or top 5 defense the next 2-3 years, but if he does in fact get traded, I will REALLY believe that Dan Snyder is serious about keeping his hands off the team in an effort to win. It's really hard to believe he wants to let his prized catch go so easily.

No comments: