Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Spin My Head Right Round


I feel as if my head is spinning lately. It's spinning so fast that nothing has a chance of attaching itself to my brain right now. Add on to that the fact that insomnia decided to pay me a visit again last night, and I am gonna be a God-damned train wreck come later tonight....when I have two major tests to take in one class. Fun.

My thoughts and words seem to be failing me of late. For someone that fancies himself extremely adept at both, it's rather disconcerting. I don't seem to know what to say or even think most of the time right now. Even writing this is a struggle for me. My thoughts used to funnel into the same place, and while there was a lot to sift through....they were always there.

I understand that the changes I have looming overhead are adding some stress to my life, especially since I have no idea how to plan for school at the moment. My work schedule is definitely changing....but no one has any idea what my new schedule will look like, other than the fact that I will most likely be working Saturdays and Sundays when everything gets ironed out.

My work schedule now is one big cluster-eff as it is. With all the changes coming, they want to make sure everything is set up as best as it can be, and they have been having my switch back and forth between shifts all week. My start times are all over the place. Last week I started at 6am one day, 5:30am the next, 10am the next, back to 5:30 the following day, then finished off with an 11am start. Normally I have my alarm set for the same time every single day I work, but that had to change last week....which in turn affect me this week.

Sunday night was going to be a short night for me in terms of sleep, but I am used to that. I usually am up a little later on Saturdays, so when I sleep in on Sunday it makes it hard for me to fall asleep Sunday night. I set my alarm at about 10pm, when I was wide awake, and was laying down by about 11:15. I didn't actually fall asleep til about 2am, when I remember thinking, "at least I'll get a little more than three hours in." Well, I should have been thinking a little more than TWO hours. But I had set my alarm for a full hour later than normal, and never realized that until after I was up for about 10 minutes. I was tired. I was late. I was stinky. Thank you clouded brain.

Is it bad that I am already looking forward to laying down later tonight? I have a lot to do between now and then, but nothing is easier to focus on right now than laying down for bed later, and how happy I'll be to crawl under that blanket. :-D

No comments: