Wednesday, April 28, 2010

McPhotos

I'm not going to turn this into a Redskins blog or anything, but seeing this photo made me kinda giddy. Since I've been a fan, the Redskins haven't had a quarterback that I like nearly as much as I like Donovan....and he was an Eagle until recently, so it's pretty amazing that I liked him as much as I did before the trade. There are the concerns about his age and durability to worry about, especially if Rex Grossman ends up being the second QB over Colt Brennan now that Campbell is gone, but I am comfortable with the risk for the reward. With Shanahan running things and three talented, albeit a little older, RBs to choose from, I think the running game will be what carries this team....something McNabb never had with the Eagles.

No matter what, I am already more excited for this coming season than I have been for any approaching season in years. I have mentioned more than once that I felt a change in myself pretty much right after my crash. Well, lately I have seen a lot more of my old self shining through and looking forward to the upcoming season is another good example....but that is an entirely different blog post.

Both of these photos are courtesy of Getty Images, and are just a part of the recent photo shoot they did with Donovan. Click on either of them to get a nice hi-res version.


2 comments:

Katie said...

McNabb always has been and always will be my boyfriend. Love him.

Max said...

I wish this trade could have happened 3-4 years ago when coach Gibbs was still in DC and Donovan wasn't so "old"....but I am still excited to see what he can do for a team that didn't need much more on the offensive side of the ball last year to be pretty dominant.