Thursday, April 29, 2010

NHL Playoffs 2010, Round 2


Last night as I laid down for bed, I still hadn't heard what the schedule was going to be like for the second round match-up between Detroit and San Jose. I thought that I came up with a pretty good schedule myself, and thought that there was a good chance that it would be very much like I had expected it to be. The one detail I forgot was that this was the NHL we are talking about....logic doesn't mean a thing to them when it comes to scheduling. So I am still trying to figure out how this makes sense.

Game 1: Thursday, April 29 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m.
Game 2: Sunday, May 2 at San Jose, 8:00 p.m.
Game 3: Tuesday, May 4 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Game 4: Thursday, May 6 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Game 5: Saturday, May 8 at San Jose, 10:00 p.m.
Game 6: Monday, May 10 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Game 7: Wednesday, May 12 at San Jose, TBD

There are so many things I could question here, but the biggest thing to me is the quick turnaround after travel days for each venue change other than between games 6 & 7. I guess it could be worse....Chicago and Vancouver play every other day throughout their series, and the travel time between those two cities is almost as bad.

Whatever. The scheduling must be harder to figure out than I think, right? But no matter what, it can't be as hard as it's going to be for the SJ defenders to figure out how this....


turns into this....

in the blink of an eye.

No comments: