Sunday, April 03, 2011

Day 09 – Favourite new release (has to be less than 2 months old)



Just reading this challenge made me feel a little bit ashamed. I am usually very attuned to the newest songs out there....but lately, I have been pretty lazy when it comes to new releases. With everything going on in the NFL the last couple months, I have been listening to a lot of NFL network when I drive to and from school or work. If I have the satellite radio going and it's not on the NFL network, then it's usually something 90s based or hair bands depending on my copilot. So, very few new songs have made there way to my ears lately and I might be stretching this two month rule....but I am too lazy to check.

The only two songs that come to mind that would (maybe) fit this are new releases from old bands. First, The Strokes found there way back onto my radio recently with Under Cover of Darkness. I like the song, and it'll probably grow on me a little more as I continue to listen to it. But like most of their songs, I don't see it having any long term hold for me.

On the other hand, the Foo Fighters new song Rope could be one I play for a while. I am always happy to hear new things from the Foo....but this new thing sounds like an old thing, which I happen to really like.

Rope- Foo Fighters.

This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

Choke on a kiss, Thought I'd save my breath for you
Choke on a kiss, Thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, cut, Loose

No comments: