Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 16 – A song that reminds you of a holiday



My first thought on today's post was Auld Lang Syne, which of course will always remind me of New Year's Eve. NYE has always been one of my favorite holidays. My friends always make an attempt to get together and do something, whether going out or just staying in at someone's place to celebrate. This past NYE was one of my favorites. We didn't do too much at all, and the group wasn't as big as it had been in previous years....but the people who were there, and the smiles on their faces will stay with me forever. As will my roommate's shirt. I think he knew before the rest of us that Charlie Sheen was going to be fired from Two and a Half Men, because he did his best to dress like Sheen's character from the show.

After a little more thought, I Got You Babe settled in my head. It reminds me of a recent holiday, a movie, and a furry little creature who "predicts" when Spring will arrive. Groundhog day is also quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. Hopefully I'll get a chance to party with Punxsutawney Phil on February 2nd in the next few years.

I Got You Babe- Sonny and Cher.

HIM: I got flowers in the spring I got you to wear my ring
HER: And when I'm sad, you're a clown And if I get scared, you're always around
HER: So let them say your hair's too long 'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
HIM: Then put your little hand in mine There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe I got you babe

HIM: I got you to hold my hand
HER: I got you to understand
HIM: I got you to walk with me
HER: I got you to talk with me
HIM: I got you to kiss goodnight
HER: I got you to hold me tight
HIM: I got you, I won't let go
HER: I got you to love me so

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

this one made me smile HUGE!

can't wait to head to punxsutawney on february 2nd one of these years with you :-*