Sunday, February 19, 2017

Page 50 - Chelsea

Both LM and I have been all around Chelsea many times....but never went into the city to check it out.  While the above photo is pretty old, I can definitely point out exactly where it was taken from....and the town doesn't look like it's changed all that much.  The road is now paved, thankfully, but the buildings look the same and the clock tower looks almost identical.  We stopped in to have lunch at Cleary's Pub, and both of us really liked the food.  The service was absolutely fantastic, and we left one of the bigger tips (percentage wise) we've left for a meal in a long, long time.  Our server didn't have many other customers, but I don't think we could have gotten better service if we were the only ones in the place.  I would go there again, without hesitation.
a
The downtown area was pretty small, and very walkable.  Even though we walked a bit around Plymouth before heading out to Chelsea, and walked around all of downtown Chelsea, neither one of us came close to our Fitbit step goal.  Thanks to the 60 degree plus weather, the streets seemed really vibrant around the city and gave it a little extra charm....to me, anyway.  It kind of reminded me of hanging out up north for the summer when I was a kid and we would go "into town".  Another cool thing about visiting Chelsea was finding out that it is the hometown of Jiffy mixes.  When I looked online at the recommendations for things to do in Chelsea, touring the Jiffy plant was one of the first things I noticed.  I always new it was a local company, but never realized it was in Chelsea.

No comments: