Monday, February 20, 2017

Page 51 - The Bug

With the warm weather over the weekend, and the wandering we did because of it, I've got the travel/get out of town bug again.  I've always loved road tripping and exploring new cities and towns.  I would love to just drive from town to town, stopping wherever and whenever I felt like it for the night/day/whatever.  Unfortunately, that type of life was never realistic.  I've lived and worked in the same metro area my whole life.  With a few vacations and long weekends here or there, I've been able to travel through and see a lot of the states in the U.S.  I've been to 35 states, 36 if you count changing planes in Denver, CO on a couple different trips, and I'm always itching for more.  LM and I have a scratch off map of the U.S. for all the states we've visited together.  We haven't scratched off 35 states yet, but we are working on it....and well on our way to 50.  Hopefully, we'll get at least a couple more to scratch off on our next trip.
a
Right now that next trip is making this bug a lot worse.  We haven't locked in on a specific destination(s) as of yet.  So it's something I am really looking forward to....but it's hard to not be able to plan anything regarding the trip just yet.  Normally at this point in February I would probably just be wishing for a warm weather destination, but with this burst of warm weather....I'm not getting that feeling that Spring is right around the corner, and our trips always start in late Spring.

No comments: