Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Something Old, Something New

Something Old: I suppose since my blog is actually older than Twitter, it can be considered old by social media standards....but what is really getting old is this stupid effing shift I have been stuck on for the last 2.5 weeks. I really can't wait for Saturday morning to get here, even though I might be on a quick turnaround, so my schedule can just go back to normal. Well, at least as normal as my schedule has been the last few months.

Something New: The Blogger App. I originally wrote this post two nights ago on the app that I had newly downloaded. Posted this same picture, used this same format, probably most of these same words....but I'll never know because my very first post from the app was lost somewhere in the blogosphere, somewhere between my phone and this here blog. If you see it, please help it find it's way over here....I'd really like to know how I originally finished this post. After a few tests with posts I have since uninstalled the app. I may give it a try again later if they fix the bugs, or if I feel fine posting a lot of pictureless blogs and risking my time and words when I hit the publish button.

I'm sure I origianlly mentioned that I set up a new Twitter account for my blog, and I plan to update that account anytime I put a post up here....since that was one of the main reasons I wanted to post in the first place. At my current pace there wouldn't be too many tweets, but I downloaded the app and setup the Twitter account to help make it easier for me to get posts up and tell people about it so I have someone actually read it....other than my usual stalkers that is. And even though I have said time and again this blog is for me, I have a hard time really putting anything down in these posts unless I feel someone is going to read it. I also write better when I know I am being read....just like I drive better when I know that I am being watched, by someone who could actually write me a ticket that is, or I watch my language just a bit more when I am hanging out with my mom.

So I've tried to make posting easier and getting my "hey look at me" fix a little easier as well, but so far it hasn't worked....or it's worked on a severe delay. Only time will tell if this is a good idea, or another one of the many ideas that I tout and get so excited for initially, but end up falling by the wayside after a while. One thing is certain, I've got one more post under my belt because of all this, and I'm pretty sure there will be another one up later in the day with a couple topics that I want to get out there.

So stay tuned blog followers, and go ahead an follow my blog's new Twitter account to....the better to stalk me with my dear. Muah ha ha.

No comments: