Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bigger Units


Only 5 picks over the last two days, but two of those involved pretty large units on the line.  Yesterday I got down on Pit -118 @ 1.4 units and DET -115 @ 4.6 units.  I was sure the Tigers would get their bats going this weekend, which they did by scoring 6 on Friday, but I had no idea the Angels would hang 11 runs on us.  Boston came through with my first big pick of the season last week, and my faith in the Tigers erased that effort.  Hey, I thought I had a significant edge at the price I saw, and went for it.  Kinda like Blackjack, you need to bet big when your advantage is the biggest to make money, and that's the thought behind that pick.  Either way, I lost both for a total of -6 units.  Below is my updated record so far this season, with today's picks below that.

Totals to date:
30-20, +12.94 units


Cle -118 @ 1.18 units (Loss, -1.18)
Atl -128 @ 1.28 units (Win, +1)
Tex -117 @ 5.8 units (Win +4.96)

I've already talked about how I like to go against teams who scored in double digits on the previous day, like Texas did last night against Chicago, but I still think this matchup today is heavily in Texas' favor and have no qualms with a high unit pick. 

Update:
Results for today's games have been added, totals updated.

No comments: